litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fuel consumption.

macey

Just completed the NC500 (third time) in my S3 Elise S. 1470 miles 45.1 mpg! Not bad eh? 70-80 on M6, low gears on single track roads. Don't think my moggie 1000 would have done that well, hahaha. Love my Lotus, now my daily since the demise of my Jazz. Can't think of a good reason to go back to two cars.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me laugh all this talk of modern 'eco' cars to save the planet that all weigh 2 tonnes with every gadget known to man, our Lotus's are much more eco friendly, I think the way forward is to put a maximum weight limit on all new cars! Rant over 🤐

So…as something of an NC500 expert…would you recommend! I’ve seen lots of reports of vast overcrowding on roads and beauty spots, not enough accommodation, every beach full with camper vans etc etc!

Was thinking of giving it a go this year…any tips please?

I did part of NC earlier this summer luckily when we had first heatwave and was start of Scottish school holidays 

the traffic levels were not too bad and the likes of Loch Ness boat trips and Glen Coe beauty spots were busy but not rammed 

maybe around this mid late August tourist levels have increased but I think Scottish school have gone back so evens out ? 
what’s certain is that more people have holidayed in UK so hotel prices are very high and availability is very limited 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2021 at 20:14, Broadside said:

Makes me laugh all this talk of modern 'eco' cars to save the planet that all weigh 2 tonnes with every gadget known to man, our Lotus's are much more eco friendly, I think the way forward is to put a maximum weight limit on all new cars! Rant over 🤐

I agree. I surprised myself on Sunday on the Classic Team Lotus visit…270 miles at the speed limit on fast dual carriageway/motorways (not my choice of Elise road but that’s the way Tom Tom sent me!) inc some ‘spirited’ driving for the last 25 miles home across the Peak District…..brim-to-brim refuel gave 52mpg!! From a 23-yr old S1 k-series with 63k miles roof off and windows down!

Archived