litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Thanks to PJS Lotus - Suspension Geo

martenr1975

Good Morning All,

I'm posting up my experience in case anyone else was thinking about getting their geo done. I have had my 220 Cup car for a year and it's my first Lotus so I didn't have a Lotus benchmark for handling but had wondered about the car feeling twitchy at speed so hearing how pleased Ray was after his car was geo'd at PJS, I thought I would give it a go. 

Nick at PJS did all the work which was very comprehensive and involved discussing options with me (for example, to ensure the car was equally sorted whether I had my Yoko V105s or Toyo R888Rs on) as well as explaining all aspects of the adjustments. I was familiar with camber and toe but had not come across caster. Following the initial four wheel alignment check, all geo aspects of my car needed adjustment, including 14 shims. I also had a seized rear toe link which needed to be removed from the car to be freed in the vice. While the car was on the ramps, it was easy for Nick to adjust my Nitron settings so I requested a few clicks to get to -12 front and -14 rear for a slightly softer road biased set up.

I am delighted with the results, the car now feels so much more natural, gliding through the corners, much more stable at speed, a lot less grip effort required holding the wheel. For the amount of work undertaken and the change in how the car drives, I am more than happy with value for money.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived