litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

That time of year again. Whos hot and whose not for annual insurance

richbk

Morning all.

Its the annual 3 hours on the pc and phone time looking for new cover for the car.

2006 exige - 4k miles per year (managed 457 last year, but they often dont quote anything less!)

Few mods, suspension, ecu upgrade, arbs, baffled sump etc.

cheers

Richbk

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AIB were surprisingly competitive for me this year, but maybe the random number generators were just kind to me this time? 

They're underwritten by MarkerStudy, however, who have a very poor reputation 

Hi Rich,

AIB were really good for me, very helpful. I suppose the litmus test is when you need them to pay for repairs. Although I think Stik May have better knowledge of that side of things.

thanks,

Luke

Have you tried the multi car approach, I use Admiral and with only 1 year NCD due to purchase of Lotus Exige 410 last year, it came under £500, Well happy. I did try AIB but nearly £300 more.

I have used Admiral for a number of years and have been happy with them. On a multicar policy the premium is good. Contacting them is quick and their service level is fine.

I’m with LV £400 off the comparison sites, with zero no claims thought that was blooming amazing. 
mind you I am nearly 50 no points on license and car is garaged 🤷‍♂️

I was with Admiral on their multicar policy for many years, but then suddenly they went from about 400 to £900 for the exige this year!  they couldn't explain it either, so i now have a 3 car policy with them, and the lotus is with AIB.

The only claim i've made so far is for the cracked windscreen a couple of weeks ago and MarkerStudy, the underwriters, were pretty straightforward and easy to deal with.  They do have a shockingly bad reputation if you read their reviews online tho...

I’m with Admiral multicar again, though their renewal premium was ridiculous. As soon as I had quotes from other companies for the two cars separately, Admiral dropped the premium by around £200 and matched the others. Think I paid about £500 for the Exige (3000 miles) and my hybrid Volvo. (The Volvo is consistently the pricier vehicle to insure!)

Cheers for the replies folks. I went back to adrian flux in the end and insured with Aegis.

£249, 3k miles per year, all mods declared, and including an excess return policy thrown in. quick and efficient on the phone and emails pinging through within minutes.

Although as above, I am old, and bar a 4 yrs old sp30 and a 5 yr old no fault claim and lots of protected no claims i think i am pretty low risk for them

Archived