Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

[Group Lotus Video]Emira Live Stream

News Bot

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, hartleyj said:

Waiting for more details... Slightly worried that it may not have a boot ("you can put 2 soft bags behind the seats") 

Just watched Mat Watson's review on Carwow, which suggests boot 150L capacity and 210L behind seats, enough for 2 cabin size bags. I think you'll need to travel light but by the looks of it, a worthwhile sacrifice 😎

What a stunning thing and at £60k for the 2.0L AMG engine & box, launch control, rear LSD. Surely, and hopefully, this thing will be flying out of the factory 🤞

I love the look of it, especially from the side, really beautiful.  It's a great replacement for the Evora, but I feel very uneasy that it's nothing at all like an Elise or Exige.  It's 1400kg+!   I think it's also sad that there's not going to be a convertible in the range anymore.  It doesn't look like the sort of car that could be easily made into a convertible either, so i don't expect to see it in a later model. 

Personally i would have liked to see this, and also a smaller, more exige-y car alongside it as well. 

Still, very cool, and i'll definitely have a test drive in one when they're around, maybe i'll change my tune then. 

I understand why they've gone down this route, it's a business after all, and its first duty has to be to make money.  

At least it didn't turn out to be an SUV!

The Vents front and back look a bit cheap plastically on the video and website, I'd appreciate your feedback of the reality.

Now, what colour to choose..............................?

2 hours ago, Mark H said:

Looking forward to seeing it at Goodwood in the flesh :)

Me too, will be there Thursday and Friday to see it up close. I very much like the look of it. As Stik says I understand why Lotus have gone this way but I do feel that in seemingly making it a more useable car it may become more commonplace and hence less special. It isn't a direct replacement for the Elise, Exige or Evora 2+2 so I don't see many current owners trading theirs in but I may be proved wrong. This car is all about gaining customers that are new to the Lotus brand, which I think it very much will. Given that it's supposed to be more usable I'm a bit concerned that it is seemingly six inches wider than an Evora. Maybe that is the track rather than the overall width across the mirrors, I certainly hope so.

Should know alot more by this time tomorrow anyway 🙂

Drop-dead futuristic looks inside and out!   Two observations/queries(don’t recall where I read this?):

Weight 1400+kgs-hardly Lotus-like?

Why use the 360bhp AMG engine from the Merc A45…surely the A35’s 300bhp unit would have given a better entry-level and price?

It’s the first stage of the final goodbye from Lotus to the likes of us. SUV next, then onwards to electric vehicles. I totally understand the reasoning behind it and hope the Emira is a huge success for them, if they sell loads Geely will be happy to put more money into Lotus and the brand will continue to go from strength to strength, I honestly can’t remember a time when you could think that way about Lotus, so that’s brilliant. However it comes at a cost, as much as I like the Emira it is basically an updated heavier Evora which makes sense given 2030 and the short production run. For me the weight is an issue, along with the turbo(AMG), assisted steering and infotainment set up, these things are expected in a modern car but it’s just not Lotus for me, but I’m not their target market. I guess I’m a bit like all those old Elan, Esprit and Excel owners who used to think Elise drivers were a bunch of hooligans🤣. Lotus will have to work hard to pull people away from their German cars but I wish them all the luck in the world.

Hopefully the people who frequent Mloc and the like will continue to laugh at the bits that fall off and need screwing back onto their cars, and will still have the roof off in the pouring down rain because there’s nothing inside to ruin. I don’t really want see a Lotus on the road as frequently as you see a Porsche because it’s such an event when you see a kindred spirit, but things have to move on and I hope we all still continue to see one another as being a bit strange for owning a Lotus, I’m not sure the majority of “future model” Lotus owners will be quite the same, a couple of friends(Audi and BMW) watched last night and we’re blown away, at least Lotus will be able to save a bit of weight by not fitting turn signals😉

Archived