litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige Advice

ChalmersW

Hi All, I'm after some advice please, I'm thinking of  buying an exige and unsure which way to go, either buy a fairly new model (410) or buy an older model (2013-14) and adding power and trim modifications, the latter is more appealing as a hobby but not sure if I'd regret not buying a newer model? Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will not get the carbon fibre bits found on the 410 cheaply, if that is important to you.  The suspension would also be a costly upgrade.  A 460 kit would run you ate £15K.

If you want 410 performance, I think a 410 is the cheaper way to go.   

Agreed with the above. My man maths as a (2015) Exige S and now 410 Sport owner:

Carbon bits: 8-10k

Charge Cooler set up: 11k

Ohnlins: 4k

Forged Alloys: 3k

Warranty/newness: ??

Versus adding some or all of the mods to a S/350, retention on the 410 will be much better.

410s seem to dip close to £60k last summer, but have bounced back and even the examples that had been forsale for a while (other than the Oakmere 410) seem to have sold.

Never one to miss a pic opportunity - Here's both of mine 2020071490_Exige410.jpeg.fb21023a0a707c1782ff49c4db02ba39.jpeg:)

Exige S.jpg

2 hours ago, PJT said:

The orange one is gorgeous (and static!). But I love that two tone one I never got to see.

Its what's awesome about Lotus! They're so similar but so different, but great both great.

I still love the sprint, its uniqueness was definitely part of the attraction and in many ways it was more pure, if less developed than the 410.

Archived