litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Emira

PJT

33 minutes ago, lotus111 said:

385576E2-9C65-423E-80C3-396E9A67BFBA.jpeg

That looks like it will be an unpleasant distraction from the purity of driving a Lotus to me....!

Lotus - “For the Drivers who wander across lanes on a motorway messing about with their displays” 🤣

Doesn’t mean I won’t want one though....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks stunning to me and will be happy the Vauxhall Cavalier indicator stalks and the ford transit key finally go in the bin. Time for Lotus to move into the present.

E23F33C4-D121-432E-8253-13ED57733E03.jpeg

37 minutes ago, lotus111 said:

Looks stunning to me and will be happy the Vauxhall Cavalier indicator stalks and the ford transit key finally go in the bin. Time for Lotus to move into the present.

E23F33C4-D121-432E-8253-13ED57733E03.jpeg

Totally agree Scotty, looks fantastic and let’s hope this secures the future for Lotus and takes them upmarket too - it’s the only way they will achieve volume sales and attract Porsche customers and the like after all.

It’s just the thought of some owners drifting across motorway lanes while mucking about with all the buttons etc that makes me a little sad.....

20 minutes ago, MG4Lotus said:

Surely the lane control will prevent that.😁

And therein lies the problem!   Lotus will become like every other manufacturer and dumb down the driving experience.....don’t worry if you are falling asleep, your seat will vibrate and the car won’t change lanes...!

Touch screens and other distractions, accompanied by “safety features” to compensate for the distraction caused by the touch screen..... 🙄

While i'm a fan of tech in general, i can't help feeling a little uneasy about it.  If this is to replace the elise/exige then it's going to be odd to be in a cabin that's not bare-bones, we've been so used to the current design for quite literally decades now.  One of the things that's kind of "special" about getting into one at the moment is the sparse interior, you get that feeling that you're sitting in a machine that's been designed to do a specific thing very well, to be focused on one thing only.  The lack of sound isolation and damping really adds to that experience, too, in my opinion.   Objectively those are "bad" attributes, but they're still a very real something that distinguishes the current cars apart from other fast road cars

maybe i'm just being old fashioned :) i'll definitely be having a go in one when they're about for test drives, so i'll make my mind up then!

I am happy with my Elise, so even though I think the Emira will look fabulous and be great to drive, I won’t be leaving my Elise for this one. But I will still look forward to seeing it in the flesh 😁😁🏎

Hmmmm, I’m not sure about all that new fangled stuff.  It looks like it tells you the time and temperature outside.  It’s like science fiction or something. 

has anyone else noticed it’s not actually round!

21 minutes ago, PJT said:

Hmmmm, I’m not sure about all that new fangled stuff.  It looks like it tells you the time and temperature outside.  It’s like science fiction or something. 

has anyone else noticed it’s not actually round!

I didn’t even notice that it wasn’t round..

It’s got to be a sea-change from the current offerings to entice non Lotus types to buy the cars. The car should have launched last year but got put back due to covid, at the time(2020) I was tempted to hold off on buying another Elise in favour of the 131 but some info filtered through from the dealer as to what the car would be and have on board, that made up my mind to buy the Elise.

I really hope it’s a fantastic success for Lotus, but it’s not going to be anything like what I want from a Lotus. We’re a minority who love rattly cars that make a whole load of compromises so as the driver can enjoy the driving experience. I don’t think future Lotus cars will make so many compromises.

My mates with their beemers, mercs, and audis can’t get over the lack of touch screens, and gizmos in the Elise, they’d all love one but won’t make the compromise, maybe the Emira will do the trick.
Dealer I spoke to last week already has 39 deposits which is remarkable considering so little is known about it.

Archived