litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Emira

PJT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching with huge interest - it's been a big part of my ridiculous indecision about buying another Exige and if it looks good I could easily be tempted to splash out.

31 minutes ago, quantum2000 said:

Spoken with dealership, if it's a useable every day car, I'm ordering

That's the key, if it's a bit smaller than the Evora, drives and looks great + is useable everyday I too will be extremely tempted  :)

As I understand there will be two models, 4 cylinder Renault engine and a V6 Toyota engine. I would go for the V6 model but this all depends on the styling and of course the cost.

I like the car I’ve got this is why I’ve kept it for 3 years plus it being one of one helps to keep my interest.

Most of all it’s fantastic to drive which to me is the most important attribute of the car.

I have registered my interest.

I was wondering is there is a connection between the Alpine A110 and the new Emira, the Alpine architecture looks very lotus underneath the stamped body panels, I know there is a partnership with Renault and I saw a picture supposedly of a A110 test mule was using Elise body panels, Thing is the Emira test mule was a modified Evora so that would indicate it has more in common with that platform! any thoughts???

I have heard of an Alpine/Lotus partnership too, but got the impression that it was going to be on later models.

Autocar have guessed a design that I think looks very likely.  It is a mini Evija and looks like one of the models under those sheets.  They are talking Toyota V6 and an un-named 4 cylinder, so Mike's sources look good.

I thought that the Lotus/Alpine link-up is to develop their respective next ranges of all-electric sports cars. 
I’m sure I read that the rumoured 4-cyl 131 is to use a Merc engine?

Anyway…not for me but I’m hoping that it’ll lead to a softening of used-Evora prices (sorry owners!) to encourage me to buy one!

i'm pretty excited about it!  just not sure what to say since there's so few actual facts out yet.  looking forward to the reveal.  I've never bought a new car before, but if it can deliver the same drive that my exige does, and look awesome at the same time...

Archived