litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Shortest time you've owned a car before damaging it?

Adtmits

I set my record today, which I am hoping I dont advance on in future!

Picked up my shiny Discovery on Sunday. Day 5 I managed to drive clean into an invisible post. 😩

The only comfort is that it is not the Exige! There'd have been a lot more swear words.

image.thumb.png.8b8f2adad1b43ea06ec47c2ac5117504.png

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many years ago I picked my Subaru Impreza around 1991 if I can remember and so proud loads of looks any admiration too.

put it in the garage when I got home from dealership , locked the door and looked at it before going to bed , before I could make smile of proudness the kids bike hanging on the wall fell off and landed on side of car , causing small dent to side of roof and scratches to paint work ! 😮  

so after 5 hours ownership car damaged never parked a car in my garage ever again , even converted it to office few years later 

You've made me feel a tad better about my faux pas. Waiting for the quote, no surprise it will be £400-500.

Thats a third of an AIM dash in Lotus money 🙃

Nothing to report from me, but many years ago one of my school friends bought a brand new Cossack 650 motorbike and sidecar - a beautiful looking thing in gloss black, twin cylinder horizontally opposed engine, same as a BMW.  He drove it out of the dealership and crashed straight into a tree, smashing one of the cylinder heads clean off. The salesman walked out of the garage and helped him push it the 50 yards back into the workshop :lol:

17 hours ago, Adtmits said:

You've made me feel a tad better about my faux pas. Waiting for the quote, no surprise it will be £400-500.

Thats a third of an AIM dash in Lotus money 🙃

Do you want a digital dash in such an analogue car?  I was excited by them, but now having second thoughts.

4 hours ago, PJT said:

Do you want a digital dash in such an analogue car?  I was excited by them, but now having second thoughts.

I do know what you mean Pete and they're quite a few ££. But the standard dash is a little inspiring!

My updgrade wish list is amazing small:

2bular - bought not fitted

Rear tow srap - ditto

AIM Dash

GRP rear lights

I think thats it!

The rear lights I’d give a miss too.  They are not too noticeable in the daytime. I’d be worried someone would rear end me and the insurance would use it as an excuse not to pay up.  Ohhh, look at my glass, it’s definitely half empty!

On 25/04/2021 at 20:17, PJT said:

The rear lights I’d give a miss too.  They are not too noticeable in the daytime. I’d be worried someone would rear end me and the insurance would use it as an excuse not to pay up.  Ohhh, look at my glass, it’s definitely half empty!

😂

• 2 weeks later...

Not my fault, but back in 2016, and just a week after taking delivery of a gorgeous (red, what else - ha) brand new Polo GTI, a bloody great stone hit the windscreen on the M40, and the impact was so great, it immediately caused a foot long crack.  Result - total misery.  Only solution - replace windscreen - doh!

Archived