litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Paint detailing company in Leicestershire

CDM2018

My Evora spends its time all year outside and during summer gets covered in tree sap and winter the ice etc.

I clean and wash car but after 3 years ownership I thought time due for a professional clean and paint detail etc

any recommendations of companies in my area ? Thanks 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Ollie

i have their guy popping over this week to give a quote when he reviews the car

apparently he owned vx220 so used to a lotus type but he seemed keen on trying his hands on an Evora ? 

I was hoping for someone to give me an actual feedback wonder if any lotus owners do get their cars detailed by professional or I guess folk do it themselves ?

On 23/02/2021 at 13:40, CDM2018 said:

Cheers Ollie

i have their guy popping over this week to give a quote when he reviews the car

apparently he owned vx220 so used to a lotus type but he seemed keen on trying his hands on an Evora ? 

I was hoping for someone to give me an actual feedback wonder if any lotus owners do get their cars detailed by professional or I guess folk do it themselves ?

How did you get on with the quote? 

I have another quote to get this afternoon from Reep midlands who seem to a prestigious company ?

slix gave me a quote and the guy was really nice and loved the Evora said he considered getting one a few years ago, likely quote close to £1k 

another quote from a smaller car detailer was a few hundred pounds cheaper 

maybe I am bit ignorant about costs of detailing but I need to seriously consider the quotes ? 🤔

17 hours ago, CDM2018 said:

Gezzz not cheap then I thought they might be pricey but I didn't think they would be quite that expensive. What sort of level of detailing was that? 

17 hours ago, CDM2018 said:

I have another quote to get this afternoon from Reep midlands who seem to a prestigious company ?

slix gave me a quote and the guy was really nice and loved the Evora said he considered getting one a few years ago, likely quote close to £1k 

another quote from a smaller car detailer was a few hundred pounds cheaper 

maybe I am bit ignorant about costs of detailing but I need to seriously consider the quotes ? 🤔

1 hour ago, ollie said:

Yes not cheap ! I thought it would be £500-700 for middle range service ?

I am not sure I can go even to this level and again one quote was for single stage paint correction another quote was two stage 

Reep was for the lot but most expensive 

one guy on telephone was prepared to do a job for £500 but on my drive in one day ? Not sure as I am convinced this type of work needs to be done indoors in a controlled environment ? 

I am not sure but these detailers do blind you a tad with science ? However I am sure they not conning me but being up front !

the work I gather is like several washes to get rid of containment’s etc. Then followed by the paint correction stage or stages then a curing time , then application of ceramic coating  then this left to dry.

the same applies to the wheels 

I gather 80-90% of the cost is linked to labour charges I guess £200 a day ! I am in the wrong business me thinks lol 🤔 

I am surprised that not other lotus owners have shown their car got detailed ? Maybe lotus owners are more inclined to drive and track their first and foremost rather than concentrating on ascetics element of ownership ? By no means a criticism of owners but just speculation ?

if I get the funds together I really want to get the paintwork and wheels sorted before mid summer when my car gets covered in tree sap & wasps ! 

Have you not considered having a go yourself? I've never tried ceramic coating but for a couple of hundred quid you could easily set yourself up with a good da polisher kit and wax to finish it off with. Much of the cost is the labour ultimately.

Archived