litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Should I Buy an Exige Sport 410

Elisemadray

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would appear Sytner will buy private cars as the blue 410 was originally private and then appeared a Sytner. If thats sold, its gone in a matter of days since they advertised it.

They're a decent dealership, purchased my first Evora from them. Its adjacent to a volvo dealership and they have spare space where they’ve  trade a dozen or so prestige cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd want to have a really good look at this one before buying if it were mine.

1. I was at Donington in the summer and there was a red 410 being tracked hard, really hard. It was the same colour combo, but had plates removed so cant be sure it is the same.

2. Its definitely ex-Lotus Management (The plate gives it away as the AU19BKV- Evora  and AU19BKA - Exige are press cars). My experience of the Evora at Hoffmanns (and my own purchase) is that they aren't the best built.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a few of you were bidding for the autumn gold car that has now appeared at Sytner? anyone actually physically seen it yet? 2 owners at such low mileage though makes we wonder if its had an off.  seems a reasonable price for a dealer, although gutted I didnt see it the first time around as I dont need the dealer facilities ie. finance.  I only live 20 mins from there. I looked at a blue  410 there last year that I wasnt keen on.

I keep looking at the orange 20th anniversary at JCT600, bit of nostalgia creeping in from my chrome orange 2005 S2 Exige I had back in the day.  but thats way too far for a viewing in lockdown, although it is brand new.....

Now they've been announced the 390 looks like it might be the pick of the new cars though when you look at the prices.

7 hours ago, JohnnyM said:

Looks like a few of you were bidding for the autumn gold car that has now appeared at Sytner? anyone actually physically seen it yet? 2 owners at such low mileage though makes we wonder if its had an off.  seems a reasonable price for a dealer, although gutted I didnt see it the first time around as I dont need the dealer facilities ie. finance.  I only live 20 mins from there. I looked at a blue  410 there last year that I wasnt keen on.

I keep looking at the orange 20th anniversary at JCT600, bit of nostalgia creeping in from my chrome orange 2005 S2 Exige I had back in the day.  but thats way too far for a viewing in lockdown, although it is brand new.....

Now they've been announced the 390 looks like it might be the pick of the new cars though when you look at the prices.

I recall the AG was pre-regd by either the dealer or the Lotus.

The reality is cars do acquire more owners these days. My reflection on a purchasing an Evora with 250miles on the clock and experiencing multiple issues, new or used thorough checks are required with a Lotus!

Ray and Duncx if you are still looking for a 410 it as to be in a bright colour and surely this one ticks that box, this one is for sale in Mansfield at Parkway they do at times have some good lotus stock.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11357873?cId=11331409&fbclid=IwAR22JKbAW-4gAI6pKfBnuqIVIaCvKkDd9-UQTthQc4VogbkvKO6JL9wJXTo

35 minutes ago, lotus111 said:

Ray and Duncx if you are still looking for a 410 it as to be in a bright colour and surely this one ticks that box, this one is for sale in Mansfield at Parkway they do at times have some good lotus stock.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11357873?cId=11331409&fbclid=IwAR22JKbAW-4gAI6pKfBnuqIVIaCvKkDd9-UQTthQc4VogbkvKO6JL9wJXTo

I saw it Scot to be honest the Autumn gold one is still better value but knowing it was 32K kind of puts a stop to it :( 

opps 62K

Interesting that one Scott - my eyes are sort of magnetically drawn to the bright purple but I'm not sure if I love it or hate it :lol: I went to look at a Lotus at Parkway a few years ago, a Chrome Orange 220 Elise. Looked nice but it had suffered a smack up the arse - you could see the repairs inside the boot and the paint was just slightly off. They expressed surprise when I mentioned it but I couldn't help but notice that the car was parked with the damaged corner right next to the wall making it very difficult to spot :)

I know what you mean Ray about the Autumn Gold one, it's a perfectly reasonable price but I now have a mental block about it due to my failed offer :lol:

To be honest it looks like I'm keeping the Cup 250. No new car excitement but never mind :drive:

12 minutes ago, PJT said:

There was a purple one sold at Oakmere a few months back.  Could it be the same?

.........No, that one had white graphics/name sticker thingy.

Yep it is the same

Where's that picture come from Scott, have you seen it in the flesh?

If you search Google images for 'Plum Crazy Exige' it comes up with the original photos from Oakmere - looks fantastic under their showroom lights.

I think it might be the only Exige in Plum Crazy, there was a Plum Crazy Elise (Cup I think?) sold a couple of years ago and a similar colour 'Ultra Violet' Exige 380 sold by Snows about the same time. That one took ages to shift and they reduced the price over and over until it became a real bargain. Be interesting to see how long this one takes to sell, only takes one person to really love it B)

Archived