litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Should I Buy an Exige Sport 410

Elisemadray

Here is a few pics of it when it was stocked at Endeavour (Asking price was £80k!) and outside of Hethel to help one of you push the button😂

Strattons have a matching Evora GT410 Sport if anyone wants a sibbling .

I almost enjoy lotus shopping as much as owning!

exige2.jpeg

Exige.jpeg

Exige 2.jpeg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think Covid would stop me going to view a car... mask and gloves and off we go...

you snooze you lose Ray... hurry up and get dressed!!!!!

a marmite colour for me, but that dash... 🙂

Looks awesome - I like the colour (on a Lotus)! 

Ray, I can't imagine you not in your 'Yellise' but I'm sure we'll get used to it!

Good luck to whoever buys it.

PS, Duncan, I am on the look out for an Elise Cup if you're thinking of selling!? 

3 hours ago, scatty said:

I don’t think Covid would stop me going to view a car... mask and gloves and off we go...

you snooze you lose Ray... hurry up and get dressed!!!!!

a marmite colour for me, but that dash... 🙂

The rules are there for a good reason - especially right now.  Personally I don’t fancy the prospect of a hefty fine and it doesn’t seem morally the right thing to be doing.....but everyone is different.   It’s different if you’re a trader and it’s your livelihood I guess.   Not sure I’d feel great if I had an accident on the roads, needing to call the emergency services, for an avoidable and unnecessary journey.....

Just my two penneth though - lecture over 🤣

1 hour ago, Daveb99 said:

The rules are there for a good reason - especially right now.  Personally I don’t fancy the prospect of a hefty fine and it doesn’t seem morally the right thing to be doing.....but everyone is different.   It’s different if you’re a trader and it’s your livelihood I guess.   Not sure I’d feel great if I had an accident on the roads, needing to call the emergency services, for an avoidable and unnecessary journey.....

Just my two penneth though - lecture over 🤣

jezz thats one high horse you got yourself on there Dave😂

4 minutes ago, Elisemadray said:

jezz thats one high horse you got yourself on there Dave😂

Yeah I know - I’m just sick of people breaking rules to suit themselves and prolonging this virus tbh, especially when the risk of transmission is still pretty high and the NHS are on their knees.    Obviously looking at a car with mask/gloves is much safer than a 300 people wedding reception though 😳

Sorry - didn’t mean it to be a “high horse” thing at all and certainly not having a pop at you Scatty (king of Covid 🤣)

In many ways I am with you Dave, but cant help feeling car retail is being kept open for employment and tax revenues which therefore pays for the essential services.

My 410 which will finally arrive this week including the first year VRM and VAT will generate a tax receipt of c£15k. Ditto for the Evora in July 😳

Our disco has been into Landrover a couple times this month and the repair was circa £1.5k. I had a car booked, but was surprised to see 5-6 people socially distance etc all say waiting. But again when you add up VAT, furlough avoidance, NI and tax you can see the incentive.

To me ditto why housing moving is still allowed.

Sorry for the thread drift!

Archived