litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Should I Buy an Exige Sport 410

Elisemadray

I’ve seen that car too.  Knowing no more, the price worries me greatly.  It’s  £10-15k below where it should be in a dealership.  You’ll need to visit petrol stations more regularly for sure Ray.  All these people getting 410’s, I’ll be getting left behind...........where did I put that telephone number for Komotec?

There is a couple of used ones at Silverstone and one at Oakmere........not that I’m looking.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PJT said:

I’ve seen that car too.  Knowing no more, the price worries me greatly.  It’s £20k below where it should be in a dealership.  You’ll need to visit petrol stations more regularly for sure Ray.  All these people getting 410’s, I’ll be getting left behind...........where did I put that telephone number for Komotec?

Is that Komotec Waste Disposal services Pete? 😂

So it’s certainly cheap, but not £20k cheaper than main dealer price for a used one (though Pete had now edited his post on that).  There are a couple of 20th Anniversary 410’s for £82k brand new.  These will more than likely hold their value a little better too.

Not forgetting that a lot of people prefer to buy from dealers to utilise the finance options, second hand cars up for sale privately need to be priced to attract cash buyers.

That said, if I was in the market for a used 410 Sport I’d be all over it - it’s probably a £70-£75k car in the private market, but very much buyer beware, could be hiding something, but probably unlikely - providing there are no scrapes or accident damage (and you’d hope the seller is an honest enthusiast) then it’s all under warranty anyway.

Hopefully the seller isn’t in a big rush for his money and would agree to a deposit refundable on viewing after lockdown.   If not it’s a case of being very brave, buying blind and breaking Covid rules, or it will probably go to Jon S / Will...

The car will sell today, no doubt about that, so whatever you do, don’t hang about....!  I guess you’re essentially saving the next year or two of depreciation at this price.  Is the colour a factor on Exiges though?  Is it perhaps worth a few £k less as it’s gold, or perhaps that’s a good thing as it rarer?

8 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Ah Dunc, you are a crafty old sod......I remember being behind you in the queue for a very cheap Aquamarine Evora NA a year or so ago.....even you were too slow for that one though.

Surely a refundable deposit, followed by viewing and driving it after lockdown is lifted is the way to go?

:lol: Yep, that Evora was a flipping bargain Dave, we both would have snapped that up given half a chance! There's something about an Elise/Evora fleet sitting in the garage that appeals.

On this Exige, I immediately offered a hefty deposit (I think the advert was about 1/2 hour old :lol: ) to hold it until after lockdown but it was a firm 'no thanks' from the owner - he wants it bought and gone quickly, no messing about, that's why it's cheap (he says!).

Anyway, as I say, fortune favours the brave, I wil be surprised if it doen't sell today to someone who is close enough to risk a sneaky viewing.

Scott, thanks for your offer of help and don't worry, no chance that some crappy car is going to come between Ray and me  :cheers:

EDIT: just seen the latest replies above....my thoughts....I reckon it's about £5-7K underpriced for a private quick sale, in lockdown, in winter, marmite colour. A great saving but you need to be very brave indeed - either break the lockdown law or buy blind :unsure2: He WILL NOT hold it until after lockdown, if it doesn't sell this weekend I think it will go to trade. Even if that car was for sale in the trade, it's a £70K car absolute max;  for example, Castle have an unregistered 410 in Burnt Orange for £77K which you could put on a 21 plate in March (who's driving right now?) making it a year younger, zero owners, zero miles, better colour(?), and that car has been for sale for several months!

Prices seems barmy at the moment!

Blue one up at £64k
White at £69 from dealer.

Plenty of choice out there for some cracking deals!

Wow if you’re in the market now is clearly the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, sounds like there are a few to choose from at great prices.   Or maybe that’s just the market price given the situation we are all in.   Main dealers are having a very tough time selling stuff (though often they don’t exactly help themselves...) and the seller of the gold one clearly needs the cash.   

Perhaps better to pay a bit more and choose the colour you really want....

I don’t think £62k for the gold 410 is a ‘bargain not to be missed’ price, it’s cheap but not ridiculously cheap, colour will put people off.
A couple of weeks ago Snows (ex lotus main dealer) had a 70 plate 350 with less than 1000 miles up for £51k, it did sell within a couple of days but as others have said there are bargains to be had if you have the cash waiting.

Another thing to consider is Lotus will more than likely be bringing out a run out Exige, probably based on the 410/430 and I’m sure there will be owners with fairly new cars looking to trade them in or sell them privately to fund a purchase of the ‘limited edition’ run out model.

If it was me I’d hold on but then I’ll probably be proved completely wrong and prices will rocket!

Prefer your last paragraph Nick

Agree though. Prices are all over, Winter time, lockdown, lotus doing new 50/50 free servicing deals and the new run out models all probably having an affect on prices.

End of this year into 2022 my gut is values will stabilise due to end of model and it being known widely as a cracking platform.

Unless we get penalised in some way for running dirty petrol of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK so My thoughts today, I Love the car and colour, and if it wasn't so far away and easy to just pop and have a look it would be easier to decide, maybe its I've had a busy day and I'm a bit  no a lot tired  I feel a bit negative about making a decision to buy.  it could be gone tomorrow but I may well feel different so if its gone the decision will be made for me

now where's my pistols :lol:

1 minute ago, Elisemadray said:

OK so My thoughts today, I Love the car and colour, and if it wasn't so far away and easy to just pop and have a look it would be easier to decide, maybe its I've had a busy day and I'm a bit  no a lot tired  I feel a bit negative about making a decision to buy.  it could be gone tomorrow but I may well feel different so if its gone the decision will be made for me

and I still love my Elise 

now where's my pistols :lol:

What a shame he wont take a sizeable deposit to hold. I suspect he will have had a significant level of interest. I asked about buying the dash, but he didnt reply. The advert is so poor I did wonder if it was scam initially.

My 2pence worth on prices, it would seem the 4k px allowance has softened the 410 used market which is understandable - this is only availabe on a few cars now. They do seem to be colour and also dealer sensitive. I enquired about a couple of stock examples recently 

The blue one at £64.5k is 2.5 years old and the warranty expires later this year. It has had a couple of owners and the new owner is shifting it very quickly (It was purchased in early December) after sitting with a non-main dealer for a few months.

The Autumn Gold one maybe the bottom of the market, I think that would be the trade price with retail at 68-70k. It is worth factoring in that the aim dash is £1500 new and these are £1k used. I am surprised once of the main dealer's doesn't take it as it would seem to have enough margin. In a normal non-C19 world it would have sold as t Ray and Duncs interest shows.

Archived