litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige 350 IPS MIL and Transmission Light

dobber82

Hey, I had a really strange experience yesterday ...

I was in a long queue of traffic, for about 20 minutes with minor movement but generally stopped, then when we finally got moving the car from 2nd gear (I was only driving very slowly) - it auto jumped to Neutral and was unresponsive ... so hazard light on and pulled over.  Key out, key in ... started up fine and away I went ... 3 miles down the road (now doing about 70) the MIL light, Transmission Malfunction Sensor and the Traction Control light came on,  I pulled over, key out, key in started her up and the MIL and Transmission Malfunction Sensor Light on the dash stayed illuminated.

I limped home  (what I  mean by this is I just drove it slowly it wasnt in limp mode) although the car felt fine and gears were selecting no problem.  Did an OBD read and got the following ...

• P0700 - Transmission control system (MIL Request)
  • U0401 - Invalid data received from ECM/PCM
  • P1613 - Manufacturer Control 

Anyone have any ideas about this?  Seems sensible to call the dealership anyway but just thought I would see if anybody has much experience?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took the car out for a couple of short easy driven trips today and it was purrrfect.  Last trip and the warning lights all disappeared and it was great so drove it slightly harder and it loved it.  I will keep my eye on it :)

14 hours ago, dobber82 said:

Took the car out for a couple of short easy driven trips today and it was purrrfect.  Last trip and the warning lights all disappeared and it was great so drove it slightly harder and it loved it.  I will keep my eye on it :)

fingers crossed it has sorted itself

On 14/12/2020 at 18:19, dobber82 said:

Sounds a bit basic, but worth getting the oil changed/level checked? Seems to be first step most repairs take. (i'm not expect though!)

Archived