Traction control light at startup

Sometimes ... happened about 3 times my Exige ... starts but the traction control light stays on ... I have pressed nothign other fire it up.  The traction control light doesnt say "off" like when you switch to Sport mode and on again ... just on.  When it does this it is sluggish, the automatic gear changes are horrible.  I turn if off, start it again and all good and is back to normal!  

Am I doing something wrong?

3257cb87-fd96-4c39-a0b2-f83c18b1ae99.jpg

S3 Elise hear and I have had this a few time recently, but I have noticed when it does it the engine start sound makes like an extra thud / judder as it starts instead of smooth .
But like you said, restart sorts it out.
Just got my odb2 reader so next time it does it, maybe I will see a code...

But I'm also interested if anyone knows the reason?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Happened today, started fine after sitting for couple of weeks, went to shops around 20 miles out. Got back to he car started with the thud and had the light. Plugged in odb2 but couldn't find an error code...

On 19/12/2020 at 15:37, Sammyg said:

Happened today, started fine after sitting for couple of weeks, went to shops around 20 miles out. Got back to he car started with the thud and had the light. Plugged in odb2 but couldn't find an error code...

I havent had this in a couple of weeks - had you just cleaned it?  I am wondering if its related to when I clean it which I did yesterday but it hasnt been run yet - might be an excuse to go out :)

• 3 months later...

Just to update this, I THINK this is a battery thing.. I haven't had it trip on me for the past 4-5 weekends (hasn't been charged since then and only going out weekends to shops etc.)
And it tripped today.

So I'm pretty sure it's something to to with battery levels. :D

Funny you say this ... I gave a thorough wash, polish and wax ... first thing the light on at startup.  Bit of a weird one!  

I had to do the brake pedal switch thing this morning, as chance would have it!  I bet you anything it's what you've got happening too (my previous two exiges suffered exactly the same thing, as well ) 

Stik - 1 - yep after reading around - I did the pedal switch thing .... sorted and just a small bit of gymnastics to perform it :)

Two drives and all ok and it was beginning to do it very regularlly.

Haha yeah it's a bit of a twist to get under there isn't it.  My problem is i can't figure out a way to get both arms in, one always seems to get stuck somewhere so i have to do it all one handed!  Possibly just because i'm so tall.  Glad it's resolved anyhow, it's nice when a problem can be solved in 5 minutes and with £0 expenditure