litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Shocks

Lofty

Hi guys 

I’ve taken my shocks with the intention of having them reconditioned. But I don’t know if they have already been done my question is what does it mean?

2D1B2AE1-B80F-4120-899E-746DFE71B2AF.jpeg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be wrong, but the threads I've read over the years in regards to getting them refurbished it seemed the majority have said it was more economical to buy new. I enquired with Bilstein about 9 years back, they needed the units first to inspect them which was fair enough, but iirc they then went on to say it was around £75 per unit before any spares were fitted, the set I had were pretty crappy to be honest and I decided it was a better bet to fit some quantums. Millage of the car and when they were last replaced would be my rule of thumb.

Hth

Welcome to MLOC. Im guessing the top number is the Bilstein part number and the bottom number is the Lotus part number. As Jon said just replace with new. Bilstein are fine if just for road use. Lotus do know a bit about suspension etc. If you intend to do some trackdays, it might be better getting something a bit more focused.

tyres / brakes / suspension  - all worth stretching the budget on these cars. can make a massive difference to performance and enjoyment along with a good and regular Geo check / set up

Archived