litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Any recommendations where to get car MOT'd in Leicestershire?

i wanna ferrari

As per the title, 2 of my cars are due MOTs this month and the place that I used to go to has closed down.  I don't like the idea of just going to a random garage and would prefer somebody that knows what they're doing and will take care of the cars (both are lowered and so will not easily go on a ramp etc).  Both cars also have number plates with borders and italic letters so I don't want to take it somewhere that will be silly and fail the MOT just because of that.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated.  I did look at Monster Motorsport in Loughborough as they used to be on here but looking at their website they don't appear to do Lotus stuff anymore or MOT's.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you called Monster sports ? I have my lotus MOT at central lotus over in Notts and even though my wiper blade was end of life they passed it and replaced the blade back at dealership 

the MOT is carried out of site at place Central uses so they drive it there you wait at the dealership 

• 2 weeks later...

Whereabouts are you in Leics?

Try Tollgate Garage in Hinckley. Proprietor Lou was former chief mechanic at Trinity Motors (Rover Man=in Dealer as was) and had his own business 20 years now. Built up a bit of a following with MLOC for a while, until we overwhelmed him! That was when he had a little place with one ramp. Now has a much bigger place with 3 ramps and MoT testing centre. What he doesn't know about K-series isn't worth knowing and he's worked on all sorts for me - including Mazda rotary.

They're fully set up for covid distancing and have been working throughout.

21 hours ago, GCCK said:

Whereabouts are you in Leics?

Try Tollgate Garage in Hinckley. Proprietor Lou was former chief mechanic at Trinity Motors (Rover Man=in Dealer as was) and had his own business 20 years now. Built up a bit of a following with MLOC for a while, until we overwhelmed him! That was when he had a little place with one ramp. Now has a much bigger place with 3 ramps and MoT testing centre. What he doesn't know about K-series isn't worth knowing and he's worked on all sorts for me - including Mazda rotary.

They're fully set up for covid distancing and have been working throughout.

I am in Kirby / ratby so Hinckley not too far perhaps closer than Central Lotus 

I don’t know if Lou will be able to look after my Evora maybe he will be good for doing MOT but other things would I be better to stick to official lotus ? 
i just had to replace both my starter motor and oil sump and I wonder if my car was at a non lotus garage would I had to endure a longer and more stressful time waiting for the repairs to be completed ? 

Archived