Cyph3r

It's Here...

A beautiful looking car, I am still considering the burnt orange. What sort of issues are you talking about as I am looking to use oakmere, eventually 😎

23 hours ago, Cyph3r said:

Ah okay - looking forward to getting this running in malarkey behind me

After nearly a year my 220 engine is still improving for economy and perceived feel, something to look forward too while you enjoy running it in!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FROSTIE said:

A beautiful looking car, I am still considering the burnt orange. What sort of issues are you talking about as I am looking to use oakmere, eventually 😎

Someone at the factory got a bit excited with a machine polisher and hit the windshield trim. As the windshield trim is rubber/plastic it left a permanent mark which isn't great obviously. The passenger side door release button is seized up so you can only open the passenger door from the inside.

Neither problem is Oakmere's fault, and they'll be getting them sorted for me so I'm not concerned. Would have no hesitation recommending Oakmere at all!

Something that may or may not be an issue is the engine is surprisingly "ticky" (can't be heard from inside the car) and also has a pretty annoying chirping/squeak (which can be heard from the inside) from what seems to be the engine bay alongside the ticking. Anyone else with experience of the S3 Elise w/ Toyota SC care to offer some insight on this? Perhaps it's just normal Lotus noises or something that'll clear up after running in? 

Edited by Cyph3r

my celica has the predecessor engine (2zz-ge) and that's always been very clicky sounding, i think it's just a thing they do.  I assume the 2zr-fe is heavily based on the old one so probably inherits the same noise.  I think my S2 exige was the same, but it was a long time ago now and i suspect it wasn't all that audible over the general noise of the exhaust and tyres etc.

'tis a lovely looking car :)

Tickey and clicky definitely describes the yota engine I am afraid, the closeness to your ears with limited sound deadening makes it more obvious particularly on start up . It may subside a little after running in but will probably always be there, induction upgrade and sports exhaust fixed the issue for me 😏

enjoy the new motor it looks stunning 

Very very nice! Enjoy the running phase and being able to gradually stretch the engine:)

Edited by Adtmits

Stunning the Orange looks amazing 😍

She’s a beauty 👍