richbk

One off track day insurance Donington 21st Sept

Evening all .

i am doing a track day at Donington on Monday and have discovered I dropped track insurance off my policy in 2018 as I hadn’t done 1 the previous year . My annual policy is £296 this year so I was a little shocked to find Adrian  flux could only offer me a 1 day policy at £213 for 1 DAY !.

can anyone recommend a better priced company to cover me ??

And almost as importantly is anyone else here booked for Monday, would be nice to see some familiar faces.

Try Moris, I think I paid around £200 for a single day at Spa but that was for my LF1 that was 4 months old

Rickbk, can't help with the question about insurance, but have two of my own.

1. who's the trackday with ?

2. who are you insured with ?  I have a tiny mileage allowance but pay way more than that (admittedly with 6 TDs included and agreed value).

Ta

Hi dobbo

trackday is with MSV full day at donungton

insurance is with flux direct , as broker company is Agias I think. 15 yrs no claims , 3k miles per year , not got agreed valuation , excess £400 and alas no track says 

On 15/09/2020 at 22:12, @ndy said:

Try Moris, I think I paid around £200 for a single day at Spa but that was for my LF1 that was 4 months old

Hi Andy 

thx for the info, all sorted £148. Still expensive but way better price than a flux and a nice chap Justin to deal with on the phone 

Hi Rich,

Try Classic Line when your renewal is due.  I have both our S1's insured with them.   Both have agreed value ‘modern classic’ policies, choice of repairer, salvage retention, with same NCB as you, and includes 6 track days (not that I’ve used them yet...).   Also includes breakdown and Europe cover.   Paying just £209 for the yellow S1 (3k miles pa) with a very low total excess (£100) and including all the mods/improvements/upgrades of course.

I usually ring around the other typical brokers recommended on forums as well, Henderson Taylor, REIS, CCI, AIB, but none of them can get anywhere near Classic Line as a complete package.

Hope this helps.  Enjoy the track day 👍🏻

That’s who I’m going with next year.