litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Bye for now

The Cakes

My last Lotus went at the weekend and it feels like the end of an era. Ten years ish continuous ownership and probably 15 years since I bought my first. They have been very good to me over the years but strangely I haven’t missed one of them yet. I’m sure I’ll be back at some point down the line but I have other priorities in my life at the mo. All the best to you all and I’m sure our paths will cross sooner or later. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, DeanB said:

Oh no!

Missing you already mate   ☹

14 minutes ago, duncx said:

Will miss you and your shiny cars Drage :(

2 minutes ago, lotus111 said:

Hope to see you again in not the to distant future, a true gentleman with a great passion for the brand. Good luck with your future endeavours 👍

Thanks chaps and thanks for the kind words. I might get withdrawal symptoms soon and have to pop over to Hassop one Sunday morning! Take care and enjoy your cars!

So sorry to hear that Drage, you'll be sorely missed, although maybe not as much as your cars 😉. They really were the best of the best but you wasn't afraid to drive them nonetheless. Thanks also for volunteering as a LitP run leader.

It's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance, all the very best for your future endeavours and I hope to see you again one day, back in a Lotus :bye:

I recall fondly having a fry up with you for the first time at Hassop.
I’m struggling to believe that you have got rid of those iconic cars and are leaving the marque. I was always in awe of your collection.  Enjoy what ever you pursue next, Cakes.  Hope to see you again.

3 hours ago, Phil S1 said:

So sorry to hear that Drage, you'll be sorely missed, although maybe not as much as your cars 😉. They really were the best of the best but you wasn't afraid to drive them nonetheless. Thanks also for volunteering as a LitP run leader.

It's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance, all the very best for your future endeavours and I hope to see you again one day, back in a Lotus :bye:

1 hour ago, PJT said:

I recall fondly having a fry up with you for the first time at Hassop.
I’m struggling to believe that you have got rid of those iconic cars and are leaving the marque. I was always in awe of your collection.  Enjoy what ever you pursue next, Cakes.  Hope to see you again.

Haha 😂 thanks chaps and yes, there’s been some great times. It was an easy decision to make, we found our dream home and unfortunately you can’t have everything in life. They will come back round again I’m sure 🙏🏻

Sorry to see you and the cars leaving MLOC for now Drage, but I am sure you will be back . 
have the cars stayed in the UK ? 
Good  luck with the home move, remember the old saying , you can sleep in a car , but you can’t drive a house 😏
don’t be a stranger on the forum

richbk

13 minutes ago, richbk said:

Sorry to see you and the cars leaving MLOC for now Drage, but I am sure you will be back . 
have the cars stayed in the UK ? 
Good  luck with the home move, remember the old saying , you can sleep in a car , but you can’t drive a house 😏
don’t be a stranger on the forum

richbk

Haha thanks Rich, yes they’ve all stayed in the UK, which is probably down to Covid restrictions. I’m glad they have to be honest, had a couple of enquiries from France and Belgium but nothing came of them. Cup 260 was probably the toughest one to see drive off, as it took me over 4 years to find one! I’ll be back I’m sure 😊

Drage!  Get a nice s1 or early s2 (like mine!) elise - I'm sure you can find £14k down the back of the sofa.  Not as special as your previous stable but probably as much fun to own and drive and it keeps your hand in 😊

5 minutes ago, DeanB said:

Drage!  Get a nice s1 or early s2 (like mine!) elise - I'm sure you can find £14k down the back of the sofa.  Not as special as your previous stable but probably as much fun to own and drive and it keeps your hand in 😊

It’s funny you say that as I’ve been trying to buy an S1 111S for three years!! It’s still a possibility if I can persuade him to part with it. My powers of persuasion have failed so far. They’re all special in their own way Dean, as we all know. 👍🏻👍🏻

Archived