litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

MLOC Calendar 2021 - Photos required!

lummo

Roll up, Roll up, Roll up - it's that time of year again folks: we need your photos submitting for consideration for next year's calendar.

The gallery to submit them to is here:Β 2021 Calendar Images Wanted

Photos from MLOC or non-MLOC events are all welcome, but please note the 'rules' below.

Thanks in advance, and please get submitting!

The small print:

1. Please make sure you can supply a reasonably high res version if your photo is chosen.
  2. You must be the copyright owner of the photograph.
  3. No commercial entries are allowed.
  4. We (the Directors) will select 13 photos (one per month plus the cover) from those submitted.
  5. In submitting your photograph you agree to allow MLOC non-exclusive rights to use your photograph. (In other words, you give us permission to use it, but it can still be used elsewhere - it's yours after all.)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three years in a row I’ve submitted to this and not once has it been included :(Β  It’s not as if the car doesn’t stand out or look a bit different,Β perhaps just not to the taste of the judges? Β 
Β 

<going to see if I can retrieve the teddy I just threw out the pram>

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/09/2020 at 20:01, Daveb99 said:

When’s the deadline Guy? Β  I have a few photos in mind but need to wait aboutΒ 6Β weeks before I can submit them πŸ˜‰

Sorry Dave, only just seen this. We will be starting to choose the photos around the end of this month.

On 09/09/2020 at 06:55, M@r]{ said:

Three years in a row I’ve submitted to this and not once has it been included :(Β  It’s not as if the car doesn’t stand out or look a bit different,Β perhaps just not to the taste of the judges? Β 
Β 

<going to see if I can retrieve the teddy I just threw out the pram>

Don't take it personally Mark, we always try to get a good spread of models, colours, scenery, weather, etc. so it depends how many other similar photos there are.Β 

A quick hint: We try not to use nice sunny summery photos on the winter months, so some moody, rainy photos always stand a good chance because we don't get so many of those ;)

Also the month pages need landscape format photos, whereas the front cover needs a portrait, so that can influence which photos get used too.

So keep trying!!!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

When is the closing date Phil?

Lummo would be the one to confirm but there's still time for folk to submit their photos I reckon. We always aim to get the completed calendars posted out to all our paid members and supporters in time for Christmas (not sure Christmas will be happening this year though!). We usually also order a few extra to put on sale in the MLOC store for anyone wishing to purchase one.

I’ve just submitted a couple more, as the Absolute Lotus mag is now out which features similar photos. Β  Just wanted to assure you that theseΒ were my photos, not the commercial ones, as I was taking sneaky ones behind the photographer 🀣

22 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

I’ve just submitted a couple more, as the Absolute Lotus mag is now out which features similar photos. Β  Just wanted to assure you that theseΒ were my photos, not the commercial ones, as I was taking sneaky ones behind the photographer 🀣

Yeah, right, of course you wereπŸ€”πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Archived