Cyph3r

The Wait is Excruciating...

I posted here back in July - placed a factory order for an Elise 220 (first time Lotus owner, dream car!) which was originally due this week, but it got delayed back to mid-October!

Oakmere updated me with the chassis number a couple of weeks ago and it was in "paint" at that stage. Based on another member's reply to my other thread I had asked if they could get some photo's of it being built, but Lotus haven't sent any over yet.

What's 5 more weeks right?.... 😩

Edited by Cyph3r

That could have been me, my 250 Cup got delayed a few years ago and they sent me a photo to show me where they where with the build. Like Dean says feeling your pain and come collection day the pain will go away, you are going to love it.

DB1CA229-6438-4EE6-84FE-F0A7082914FD.jpeg

I waited January to end of June...bloody Covid! As above will be well worth the wait, then you just have the 1k running in to do🤣

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, another week down. I'm sure the guys at Oakmere are looking forward to seeing the end of my emails haha.

On 10/09/2020 at 22:53, Jonathan E said:

then you just have the 1k running in to do🤣

How delicate do you have to be with the car during the 1k running in?

Not too delicate, it’s all in the owners manual, below 4K for the first 400 then gentle increases from then on, no banging it off the limiter or extended high revs etc.

4 hours ago, Jonathan E said:

Not too delicate, it’s all in the owners manual, below 4K for the first 400 then gentle increases from then on, no banging it off the limiter or extended high revs etc.

Ah shouldn't be too painful. 

In my last car I did 3,000 miles in a year, so I'm going to have to go out of my way to get that first 1,000 miles done quickly! (aiming to get it out of the way in the first month)

I have waited 9 months for my new company car which arrived last week and lately i have Been waiting nearly 4 weeks for my Evora to be fixed and serviced so seems I have just been spending last few months waiting , waiting and more waiting ! But as the old saying goes “good things come to those who wait “ 

On 14/09/2020 at 22:09, CDM2018 said:

I have waited 9 months for my new company car which arrived last week and lately i have Been waiting nearly 4 weeks for my Evora to be fixed and serviced so seems I have just been spending last few months waiting , waiting and more waiting ! But as the old saying goes “good things come to those who wait “ 

I guess my wait isn't so bad so far then!

Just got an update from Tom @ Oakmere, looking at around the end of October, body has been painted, chassis isn't together yet but Lotus will fire over some photos when it is!

Edited by Cyph3r

I’m there on the 9th Oct, I’ll chivie them on a bit.

I’m  praying for a long long summer for you. But if not, the rain will look lovely beading on the svelte curvaceous body.