litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Newbie - Elise Cup 220

martenr1975

Good Evening all, glad to have signed up and be getting round to my first post to say Hi having picked my Elise 220 Cup up 4 weeks ago. I previously had a tuned Mégane RS250 (305) as my weekend car for 7yrs which was great but I am totally made up with the Elise, each drive feels like such an occasion! I wanted a car with a bit more exhaust volume so was stoked to find this one which has Komotec ZR265 upgrade and Nitrons which was a bonus. I am in North Notts, nr Mansfield and would love to get out on some drives and meet up with other Lotus owners. Cheers, Rich

IMG_20200831_160659581.jpg

IMG_20200831_160713795.jpg

IMG_20200831_160516636.jpg

IMG_20200831_160505313.jpg

IMG_20200831_160832047.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard stunning looking Cup with some tasty upgrades 👍. A previous 250 Cup owner here, great cars, would be great for you to have you along for a MLOC Sunday  morning run out, shame you are a bit late for this Sunday’s run, sorry to say it’s full now but sure there will be others in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled on the forum they get booked up quick with restrictions on numbers due COVID-19. 

7 hours ago, lotus111 said:

Welcome aboard stunning looking Cup with some tasty upgrades 👍. A previous 250 Cup owner here, great cars, would be great for you to have you along for a MLOC Sunday  morning run out, shame you are a bit late for this Sunday’s run, sorry to say it’s full now but sure there will be others in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled on the forum they get booked up quick with restrictions on numbers due COVID-19. 

Thanks lotus111. Nice Evora 😎

I would love to get out on an MLOC Sunday morning run so will certainly keep a look out for the next one.

Welcome to MLOC and the BIG aero club :) Great choice of car, I reckon then Elise Cup is the best all-rounder Lotus have ever made, it's flipping brilliant at everything and costs peanuts to run. If you are North Notts I'm sure we will see you on a Peaks run sometime soon :tup:

Welcome to MLOC Rich!

Great car you have there. I love the Elise Cups. 

I'm not far away from you, also quite close to Mansfield.  Keep an eye on the events section as we often have runs out to Derbyshire and the Midlands Tick on Sunday mornings but places are limited (covid!) and they fill up quickly

Thanks for all the nice comments. I will definitely keep an eye out for meets, it will be great to meet up.

PJT, I believe the 220 Cup was only made for around a year c 2015 /16 and obviously in relatively limited numbers. I am having an internal debate with myself about justifying purchasing the certificate of provenance from Lotus for £82.50 which would confirm build numbers. It's not a big outlay in it's own right but it's on top of recently purchasing the car which was at top of budget and waived through on some rock solid man maths so it may need to go on the Christmas list 🎅🌲🤣👌

On 03/09/2020 at 23:01, martenr1975 said:

Thanks for all the nice comments. I will definitely keep an eye out for meets, it will be great to meet up.

PJT, I believe the 220 Cup was only made for around a year c 2015 /16 and obviously in relatively limited numbers. I am having an internal debate with myself about justifying purchasing the certificate of provenance from Lotus for £82.50 which would confirm build numbers. It's not a big outlay in it's own right but it's on top of recently purchasing the car which was at top of budget and waived through on some rock solid man maths so it may need to go on the Christmas list 🎅🌲🤣👌

AHH man Maths 

the secret of bridging the distance between long pockets and short arms :lol:

Archived