litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

air intake replacement

richbk

I am off on track for the 1st time this year at Donnington on 21st September.

I am giving the car a good shake down, having refreshed the ohlins suspension and replaced all the suspension bushes with superpro's over lockdown

i am re visiting older parts and find the air intake has seen better days, I have no idea what brand is fitted, but its similar but probably less expensive to the ITG system. i dont have the original box, so replacing this with an uprated filter is out. and spending ££££ on the ITG system is not ideal after spending on the suspension, so i am looking to you guys for advice / suggestions on the best replacement?

cheers

richbk

2006 NA S2 exige

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rich,

I’m no S2 expert but have had both the ITG Maxogen and Hurricane induction kits on my S1's.   Both are obviously a worthwhile improvement over the standard air box.   The ITG is supposed to be the best, but the Hurricane I have now is more than good enough, and sounds great too, to my ears.

It looks like you can get one for the Exige...

https://www.elise-shop.com/hurricane-induction-kit-for-vvti-engine-elise-111r-exige-s2-federal-elise-p-250.html?zenid=85b72df3636185f49944ac0312545b0c

Archived