litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

LED rear lights

Neilshannon27

Evening,

Been looking at these for a while now and thinking of getting them but was wondering if anyone on here has brought them or seen them in the flesh. It's a lot a dosh and would like to know if someone has had them and how well they work, build quality etc. 

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/products/grp-v3-tail-lights-for-01-elise-exige-02-04-esprit?variant=30901172961419

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Neil

I fitted a set to my Elise last month

Something a bit different looks wise. They are as well made as any other led units.  They are all a bit plastic but they light up nice and bright. 

I'm having a bit of difficulty with mine but its more to do with my car than necessarily the lights themselves. I've had the same issue with eliseparts items.  - dashboard fog tell tale and button light are permanently on. 😒

To add to the confusion in resolving that issue I need to establish if they sent me the wrong type i.e. Federal rather than Europe. I haven't established that yet. In the meantime PJS had the car and rewired it to make it UK compliant. 

The only thing I don't like is that indicator clicks from the relay carry on for a second or two after the indicator stalk has returned to neutral. But soon goes unnoticed after a while 

The invoice for  import tax duty turning up a month after the lights was a bit of a bugger too.  Don't forget to add that to the cost 😉

Cheers 

MrWill 

14 minutes ago, MrWill said:

Hi Neil

I fitted a set to my Elise last month

Something a bit different looks wise. They are as well made as any other led units.  They are all a bit plastic but they light up nice and bright. 

I'm having a bit of difficulty with mine but its more to do with my car than necessarily the lights themselves. I've had the same issue with eliseparts items.  - dashboard fog tell tale and button light are permanently on. 😒

To add to the confusion in resolving that issue I need to establish if they sent me the wrong type i.e. Federal rather than Europe. I haven't established that yet. In the meantime PJS had the car and rewired it to make it UK compliant. 

The only thing I don't like is that indicator clicks from the relay carry on for a second or two after the indicator stalk has returned to neutral. But soon goes unnoticed after a while 

The invoice for  import tax duty turning up a month after the lights was a bit of a bugger too.  Don't forget to add that to the cost 😉

Cheers 

MrWill 

Oh wow! 

Thank for the info bud, will defo need to have a proper think before bitting the bullet and getting them. I have the old school lights as mines a 2004 and not sure I want to step away from the classic look but these just look really cool but then again, when will I ever get to see them 🤔 

Might spend the money in other areas of the car but it definitely gives me food for thought. Thanks once again. 

1 hour ago, Neilshannon27 said:

Oh wow! 

Thank for the info bud, will defo need to have a proper think before bitting the bullet and getting them. I have the old school lights as mines a 2004 and not sure I want to step away from the classic look but these just look really cool but then again, when will I ever get to see them 🤔 

Might spend the money in other areas of the car but it definitely gives me food for thought. Thanks once again. 

I'm the same. Like the oem look and I like these.

It's so easy to swap them out I intend on swapping between looks depending on how Im feeling... OMG I can't believe I just said those words. It's like I've become possessed by my girlfriend.  I need to go and do something manly right now... But I'll post up some pics later for you when I've finished hammering / drilling / welding / swearing / picking my nose / farting

MrWill 

29 minutes ago, MrWill said:

I'm the same. Like the oem look and I like these.

It's so easy to swap them out I intend on swapping between looks depending on how Im feeling... OMG I can't believe I just said those words. It's like I've become possessed by my girlfriend.  I need to go and do something manly right now... But I'll post up some pics later for you when I've finished hammering / drilling / welding / swearing / picking my nose / farting

MrWill 

😂😂😂 Cheers mate 👍🏼 

Archived