litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Driving Academy

PJT

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s £399 and you get to drive someone else’s Elise around Hethel.  😂.  Factory tour, Classics tour, and a lunch.  Hopefully the lunch will NOT adhere to the Lotus philosophy of lightness!   The driving is in the afternoon.  These thing always have less track time than you’d want.

I’m tempted with one of these, was looking at the Exige experience but it’s the same price as the bronze £399 but you only get 20 minutes in an Elise and 20 minutes in an Exige which seems a little expensive to me.

What date have you booked?

1 hour ago, Adtmits said:

Sounds great! Something to look forward to after summer for sure!

God knows, I need something to look forward to. 🙁

• 2 weeks later...

My experience of 'Bronze' is negative I'm afraid. Just like 'scare yourself sensible' but with a few more laps. No usefull tuition, got told to go faster faster then slagged of for not braking enough. And taken fun of in the 'award' certificate ceremony. Shan't do silver :P

The thing is the instructor doesn't realise we JUST DONT BANG ON OUR BRAKES like that in our own cars on ordinary roads. therefore INSTRUCTION to do so could have been expected in retrospect in my case (might have learnt something that meant i DIDNT HIT THAT fucking deer in december........ sorry...). perhaps it was the instructor, hope you get something out of it more usefull than I did....

Shame that Steve.  I’ve not come across any bad reviews.  I know when I did a silverstone course the instructor was pretty direct and mildly abusive, but I learnt a lot, such as banging on the brakes is not a good idea!  Not expecting friendly and nice.  Hope to come away with more confidence. 

Sounds good, do feel like I need to learn what this car really can do and what it won't on the limits which is something you can't really learn on the road... 

Not that will end in a good way. 

Have fun and let us know what you think of it bud 👍🏼 

18 hours ago, DeanB said:

If anyone wants some tuition on high speed driving in a Lotus the Andrew Walsh Car Limits days have a very good reputation, and are reasonably priced.

I've done a few now and after the first one I slid on a roundabout in France on holiday. I'm pretty sure the stuff I learnt on the car limits day saved the car from hitting anything. The braking techniques and cornering exercises they have you do are really good. I've done all mine at Blyton too instead of having to go down to North Weald.

Archived