litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Decision Made! (Ep3)

Adtmits

1 hour ago, Adtmits said:

Is your exige black? With a Stoke plate?

Do say hi... who knows what I will be polishing! 

Sorry to here of the Evie’s woes but I think you made the right decision. I am constantly amazed at the lack of care people give their cars and the way garages describe average cars as immaculate 😡.

my exige has been with me for 12 years and is now painted Porsche GT2 Riviera Blue. Along with ohlins, engine upgrades and some weight reduction is known in the family as “triggers broom “

will stop next time I am passing and say hi for sure .

Have you considered an older Bentley Conti as a family weekend GT, and keep the exige...... 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that Adam, when a car is proper money then it really should be bang on, especially at less than a year old!

You could keep the Exige and buy a cheaper Evora, run them both for a while and see which you prefer!

Adam,

It's not the first time I've heard of poor condition cars for sale through Hoffman's that are described as near perfect.

I hope you continue with the hunt and find one that is up to scratch.

13 hours ago, richbk said:

Sorry to here of the Evie’s woes but I think you made the right decision. I am constantly amazed at the lack of care people give their cars and the way garages describe average cars as immaculate 😡.

my exige has been with me for 12 years and is now painted Porsche GT2 Riviera Blue. Along with ohlins, engine upgrades and some weight reduction is known in the family as “triggers broom “

will stop next time I am passing and say hi for sure .

Have you considered an older Bentley Conti as a family weekend GT, and keep the exige...... 

I think I may have seen your exige once, assumed it wasn't local and as I hadnt seen it before. Theres a few us locally, I keep mean to encourage a Stoke meet.

2 hours ago, Alex B said:

Adam,

It's not the first time I've heard of poor condition cars for sale through Hoffman's that are described as near perfect.

I hope you continue with the hunt and find one that is up to scratch.

Disappointing to hear Alex, I'd worked on the basis of a strong reputation. I think I am done buying without viewing even if it means trekking across the country.

I do struggle to understand why the items are present, its under warrranty, been in stock for a while and Lotus currently own the car. It is yet another example were it seems sales prep comes after a car is sold. 

New acquisition agreed with collection next Saturday. As it’s covered c300miles and described as new/mint my expectations are rather clearer than the last purchase attempt.

For those like me who enjoy the geeky lotus build specs, for some reason this car has the door cards (arm rest/pocket) belonging to the Phil popham gt410 (or 400), yet it was built after the 400 ceased production and prior to the launch of the gt410🤔.

CC274B64-151E-45FA-9CE8-2F55BBE7F02F.jpeg

A484F660-5E01-4422-AD9A-49A7E792383B.jpeg

Have seen the car in the flesh it looks stunning with the yellow calipers and yellow stitching. Wish my 410 had arm rest you do miss them. Congratulations great car 👍

If it’s the one on Central Lotus web site, the registration is one letter different to mine. I had pointed it out to the wife and told her we were buying it when the lottery numbers came in, white Exige and black Evora would look awesome next to each other, she just gave me that normal ‘whatever’ look 😐

Great looking car, hope to see it in the flesh one day.

On 24/07/2020 at 17:07, Nick S1 said:

If it’s the one on Central Lotus web site, the registration is one letter different to mine. I had pointed it out to the wife and told her we were buying it when the lottery numbers came in, white Exige and black Evora would look awesome next to each other, she just gave me that normal ‘whatever’ look 😐

Great looking car, hope to see it in the flesh one day.

I know that feeling Nick. It’s DMO.

The roll of the eyes from the wife is rather frequent😂

im on count down for Saturday now. 

That looks lovely. Nicer than the blue one i think.  I wonder what it would look like with gold wheels though?  Stunning would be my guess, but I could be talking out of my whatsername 😁

14 hours ago, Adtmits said:

I know that feeling Nick. It’s DMO.

The roll of the eyes from the wife is rather frequent😂

im on count down for Saturday now. 

Mine is AU19DNO, guess they were registered at the same time.

Have a great day Saturday, get on the tick run Sunday, chance to give it a good run out! 😁

Archived