Cyph3r

Lotus Dealerships

Posted (edited)

Hey all. I've recently decided to look into owning a Lotus Elise. I'm based in Shropshire and will be going up to Oakmere for a test drive - are they the best/closest choice?

Edited by Cyph3r

Oakmere are a proper outfit, I don't think you'd go wrong.  I suppose it depends on the car they have for sale.

Happy hunting!

Nothing wrong with Oakmere they have a very good reputation but don’t restrict yourself to one dealer, try a few, see what they have that suits your criteria and then decide. 
Appreciate that there isn’t exactly a Lotus dealer on every corner and if it’s purely for a test drive then Oakmere are closest. Quite a few Shropshire owners on here and we do have regular meet ups(pre corona we did anyway). Where are you in Shropshire and what car do you have in mind?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jonathan E said:

Nothing wrong with Oakmere they have a very good reputation but don’t restrict yourself to one dealer, try a few, see what they have that suits your criteria and then decide. 
Appreciate that there isn’t exactly a Lotus dealer on every corner and if it’s purely for a test drive then Oakmere are closest. Quite a few Shropshire owners on here and we do have regular meet ups(pre corona we did anyway). Where are you in Shropshire and what car do you have in mind?

Well they had 2 Elise's at the dealership, a Sport 220 in a spec that didn't tickle me, and a Cup 250 which doesn't interest me either. Though I had the test drive today on the Sport 220 and I'm in love with it. 

2nd hand Elises' seem to hold their value so well that paying that "bit" extra for a new one as I want it, seems like it might be worth it? Don't know if that's an exceedingly dumb idea though. I'm in Telford.

Out of curiosity - what options are most important? I'm mostly concerned with getting:

• hard top
  • stereo
  • air con

Is the touring pack or sport pack considered essential? 

Edited by Cyph3r

Top advice there Jon.... certainly raised a smile over breakfast anyway 😄

Thumbs up for Jonathan's advice and thumbs up for Dean's advice: Oakmere have been great with me and I'm sure you'll have a good experience. :tup:

On 05/07/2020 at 08:55, Phil S1 said:

Top advice there Jon.... certainly raised a smile over breakfast anyway 😄

Made me laugh over Dinner. Should include this sales patter in all brochures !

Posted (edited)

Oakmere are great. I've used them for service and bodywork, but not purchase as they've never had the right car at the right time for me. I've enquire a few times and they're very responsive and significantly above the average Lotus dealer in this regard.

Not local, but I'd also add Hoffmans have been very good to deal with too! I just cant make my mind up🤔

Edited by Adtmits

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys - well I've put in a factory order with Oakmere! Got a Sport 220 in Burnt Orange with my name on it. They're estimating around 10 weeks, this wait is going to be murder. 😁

Feels very surreal!

I've seen AIB Insurance advertised on these forums - are they actually OK? Never heard of them before. 

Edited by Cyph3r

congrats! Very excited for you :trampoline:  

55 minutes ago, Cyph3r said:

Thanks guys - well I've put in a factory order with Oakmere! Got a Sport 220 in Burnt Orange with my name on it. They're estimating around 10 weeks, this wait is going to be murder. 😁

Feels very surreal!

I've seen AIB Insurance advertised on these forums - are they actually OK? Never heard of them before. 

Yes AIB are worth contacting, I've used them before. Just try all the usual suspects too. 

Burnt Orange - great colour, and excellent choice :) 

43 minutes ago, MrWill said:

congrats! Very excited for you :trampoline:  

Thanks - I can't wait! Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. 

12 minutes ago, Martin 111S said:

Yes AIB are worth contacting, I've used them before. Just try all the usual suspects too. 

Burnt Orange - great colour, and excellent choice :) 

I gave them a ring and they said they'll get back to me tomorrow with a quote. I got a few quotes from other places and insuring an Elise was much cheaper than I thought it'd be.

Thanks! I saw the Metallic Orange and I wasn't overly keen, but from what I've seen of the Burnt Orange it seems to have a bit more depth to it? To be honest, I'd be excited with an Elise in any colour!

1 hour ago, Cyph3r said:

Feels very surreal!

Great news!  Welcome to the fold.  Did you spec aircon and a hardtop then?  

I think the current Sport 220 is a great car. Are you going to join us on some of our Sunday morning Peak District runs?

Posted (edited)

Congratulations, sounds brilliant👍 The wait is a killer, but hopefully you will have it before summer ends, bloody monsoon weather at the moment anyway🤨 

Aviva were not the cheapest but very competitive for my 250. 

Edited by Jonathan E