litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Where to go in the Midlands for a remap of my S2 Exige S????

Foley

Hi,

My S2 Exige S original ECU has already been mapped as part of the charge cooling upgrade.  It's not perfect, stalls sometimes at idle and keeps throwing up an intermittent fault code.  The previous owner suggested that it's due to the map.  I could do with getting it on the rollers and mapping again.

Are there any local ish places that have managed to get into the standard ECU?  Seems as though there's plenty down south but I'd prefer to use someone local if possible.

Thanks

Mike

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a common problem with the s 2 Exige has your car a aftermarket air filter on it, 

Mine does the same now and again it helps if the air intake is cleaned, I heard if an  aftermarket filter is used with too much oil it can cause this. 

Mine has been checked by several different garages and they have not found anything wrong.

Thanks fellas. 

My car has the TRD airbox.  Will take a look at it.

Looking through the archive on SELOC it's clear that there were problems remapping the EFI ECU but there's quite a few places who have successfully cracked it.  It looks like Sinclairs remapped mine originally. I think they now known by some other name.

Archived