litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Covid Blues Remedy

hartleyj

To lift any risk of Covid related depression I popped over to our friends at Central Lotus in Nottingham last week and ordered a Heritage Edition Elise in Essex Blue. I was tempted by the Red one but those not paying attention might not have noticed the difference!  

Changing the 111R after 14 years will be a bit of a wrench but Connor over at Central made it a fairly easy process. A 12 month gap between taking a test drive of a 220 Sport last August and anticipated delivery date in September probably doesn't break any records but it must be close! Thanks Connor.

Just have to wait a few more months now....

fullsizeoutput_d35.jpeg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning cars all the Heritage Edition’s. Can see them being very collectible in years to come as Lotus move into a new era. Please post some pics on collection day.

4 hours ago, David Jones said:

Will look good at the next LITP, selling the red one or was it a good P/EX?

The 111R has to go I'm afraid. Not enough space in the garage for 2 Elise's plus the Jag. Connor is taking the 111R and apparently intends to retail it out himself. It's been a stunning car, I'm hoping the new one will be just as good, if not better!

• 4 months later...

Well, she's here at last!

Worth the wait, and boy does this colour combo look good! Not a colour scheme for those who want to blend into the background!

So far: Not missing all the rattles and squeaks from the old car, but maybe they will join me later? Seats comfy and grip better, not as quiet as I thought it would be (previous car had Stage 1 exhaust), feels more solid and handles road imperfections better, plenty of 'go' (the 111R didn't wake up till 5750 was on the rev counter), and Mrs J has noticed the passenger footrest is no longer there (this item being attended to...).

Thanks to Central Lotus for supplying the car and pwpro for the xpel ultimate.

All we need now is the weather...

fullsizeoutput_d96.jpeg

IMG_7304.JPG

Archived