litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

A52 Skegness

Broadside

As my holiday is of course cancelled I'm hoping to have a couple of days out in the Lotus - I'd like to see the sea! Anyone done the A52 route to Skegness in a Lotus? I've not been that way much for a long time and dont whether its a good route.

Normally I'd head off to Wales but it appears thats still a no go area.....

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Broadside said:

Didn't think so really but I'd rather have a day out in the Lotus than the 3 cylinder Focus!

you would do better to cruise the Peak's and get some fish n chips at Matlock bath, I had some there last week a proper treat :)

I'm hoping to have 2 or 3 days out, one of which I fancied going up round the Bamford area, so I will hopefully be having a cruise round one day next week. I still fancy a trip to the seaside though! dont really care where 😁

There are better routes across the Lincolnshire Wolds, Lincoln, Poterhamworth, Horncastle then up to Guy Martin country is a nice run. The A 52 is not much fun and usually quite busy.

I was thinking of suggesting a run across Lincolnshire instead of the usual peaks outings the roads are a lot quieter.

OK no problem I am at work until the 2 July but I will send you the route, I am not sure how these runs are organised is there some legal requirements because it goes through the forum? 

thanks Paul I will look forward to having a look at the route

there are a couple of rules to follow 

1)  groups of more than 12 cars require an MSA licence

2) covid distancing rules must be followed

at the moment being no more than 6 people so 6 cars if one person per car

and keeping  2 meters apart.

On 17/06/2020 at 18:50, DeanB said:

Lincolnshire run is a nice idea. It would be great if we could find some nice roads and still get to go on the beach and have some fish and chips!

That would be my ideal day out next week (well not quite - I was supposed to be in Cornwall!!)

On 17/06/2020 at 10:10, collieek said:

There are better routes across the Lincolnshire Wolds, Lincoln, Poterhamworth, Horncastle then up to Guy Martin country is a nice run. The A 52 is not much fun and usually quite busy.

I was thinking of suggesting a run across Lincolnshire instead of the usual peaks outings the roads are a lot quieter.

Ok, is that actually through Potterhanworth on the B roads? Just had a quick look, I did some work at Woodhall Spa at a cricket event once and the Spitfire did a fly past for us!

Archived