litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

A trip to HPE

Alex B

with a new mappable ECU and the wiring corrected yesterday finally saw a trip down to see Mr Webster at HPE for a spot of mapping.
On getting the car on the rollers Dan found the car to be over fueling by roughly 40% at anything over 1/4 throttle. Meaning an initial power run wasn't on the cards. So Dan set about working his magic and after what felt like forever (but was infact only about an hour) we had our first power run! Producing 198.1bhp out of the K20, relief I hadn't purchased a dud. A while later we where happy to go for another power run this time making 201bhp! At this point I'm thinking brilliant I've got a 200bhp car. Dan on the other hand had other ideas with a few more alterations here and there we saw and horse power a time until finally breaking the 205bhp barrier with and end result of 205.7bhp @7700rpm and 145.7lb ft torque.
Now I'm aware they aren't face melting numbers but this is a stand engine apart from stark kit manifold and a 74mm TB. So I'm more than happy with the result.
The true magic that Dan has worked in the car is the mid range drive ability, it's as smooth and as civilised as you could want. Until you push the throttle down and then it goes like a stabbed rat.
I'm more than happy with the results of today, so a huge thanks to Dan for your work!

IMG_20200522_124043.jpg

IMG_20200522_132236.jpg

IMG_20200522_103725.jpg

IMG_20200522_161354.jpg

IMG_20200522_150940.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're very welcome Alex, glad it drives nicely!

Russell, there are straps around the front wheels that are doing all of the work holding the car down....the ones on the rear aren't tensioned, they're just there to stop the rear walking around on the rollers.....

42 minutes ago, DeanB said:

Alex why not get one of these, and do away with the ratty one on yours.  

Screenshot_20200523-174454_Chrome.jpg

It's all in the pipe line. However body work it's currently marked for next year.

There's a bit of list of things to change or replace to make it my own.

Just going to plod through it at a steady pace. While trying to use it as much as possible.

First things on the list are; driveshaft regrease as a precaution, gearbox oil and toe link refresh (has been done once but looking a touch scabby now.)

Archived