litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S1 register

cyberespion

Hello everybody,

I published yesterday an article talking about the Exige S1. You can access it by following this link: https://www.111racers.com/gamme-lotus/la-gamme-exige/lotus-exige-s1/

It's in French (sorryย ๐Ÿ˜‡) but it could interest you because I have made a big register containing 235 cars at the moment.

If you want to help the research, you can reach a form at the bottom of the page and share informations on cars you may know.

You could also give me informations directly here:

• VIN or at least 4 last digits: S C C G A 1 1 1 _ _ H _ 8 _ _ _ _
  • Model-year (digit number 10 in the VIN):
  • First registration date:
  • Original colour:
  • Actual engine (Rover / Honda / Audi / ...):
  • Drive (RHD / RHD converted to LHD / LHD / LHD converted to RHD):
  • Factory fitted options (sport seats + harnesses / audio / alarm):
  • Country where the car was sold new:
  • Last know country:

Many thanks for your help and for your contribution to this register ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a very comprehensive register on exiges.com, although that may need some updating now.ย 

As I recall, one of the big concerns was security, as anyone getting hold of the file would then hold vital data on all the cars.ย 

Yes, I already have a look to exiges.com ๐Ÿ‘

For sure, I'll not share the complete VIN of any car. I only share the last 3 digits (the number of the car), the year, the original colour, the actual engine, the drive position, the country where the car was initially sold and the last know country.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jonnyfox said:

Superb work, well done.ย :tup:

Thanks! I get more informations day after day. I'm also looking to make a colour chart of the production. Precious informations are on provenance certificate from Lotus. If anyone has one to share, at least the colours datas, it will really helps me!

On 26/04/2020 at 12:27, cyberespion said:

Yes, I already have a look to exiges.com ๐Ÿ‘

For sure, I'll not share the complete VIN of any car. I only share the last 3 digits (the number of the car), the year, the original colour, the actual engine, the drive position, the country where the car was initially sold and the last know country.

You have mine on your list but a few more details for you. #149 B02 Black -rhd - UK and still in UK. 13k miles - 190 upgrade - motorsport seats - carbon air box - no a/c.ย 
ย 

Hope this helps and keep up the good work ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Sent you an update on my Exige S1 on your site. #027. Itโ€™s still in South Africa (the only one) ย which I shippedย here in 2004 when I emigrated. Have owned the Exige since buying it new in 2000 (canโ€™t be many one-owner Exiges out there.). Still 99.99% factory spec ย 

Mid full refresh, due to be finished is 2 weeks.ย 

Many thanks Tim, I answered you by email.

Here is a quick chart (not visible on my website for the moment) done with the colour repartition. You can see that New Aluminium is the most common colour with 162 cars (27% of the total), followed by the Mustard Yellow. I don't know which colours are ranked 3 and 4 in the Exige production. Chrome Orange is number 5, Lotus Racing Green number 8. I know that a single car was produced in Solid Racing Green, probably a specific order.

739263143_ColourRepartition.jpg.68974eeba1b5b47c342dabe3d7f9cc8c.jpg

To produce this chart, I need informations on certificate of provenance. If anybody has one concerning a colour not listed above, it would greatly helps me!

On 04/05/2020 at 20:50, cyberespion said:

Thanks! I get more informations day after day. I'm also looking to make a colour chart of the production. Precious informations are on provenance certificate from Lotus. If anyone has one to share, at least the colours datas, it will really helps me!

ย 

20 hours ago, Tim Bishop said:

Sent you an update on my Exige S1 on your site. #027. Itโ€™s still in South Africa (the only one) ย which I shippedย here in 2004 when I emigrated. Have owned the Exige since buying it new in 2000 (canโ€™t be many one-owner Exiges out there.). Still 99.99% factory spec ย 

Mid full refresh, due to be finished is 2 weeks.ย 

We need some pictures Tim!ย 

Your colour chart on the website says the mustard yellow is non-metallic. My Exige is metallic mustard yellow. I THINK lotus offered the yellow in plain or metallic on the Elise of that time, I have seen a non metallic yellow Elise.ย 

10 hours ago, winthattt said:

Your colour chart on the website says the mustard yellow is non-metallic. My Exige is metallic mustard yellow. I THINK lotus offered the yellow in plain or metallic on the Elise of that time, I have seen a non metallic yellow Elise.ย 

On another forum, somebody taught me that the Norfolk Mustard Yellow (B05) was the plain yellow used on the S1 Elise for example. On the Exige, it was the same yellow but finished in metallic. If you have a look to this website (http://www.espritfactfile.com/paintcodes.html) you will see the B36 is named New Lotus Yellow (Spice).

As the only difference seems to be the plain or metallic criteria, I think people talk about Norfolk Mustard but the right name on the S1 Exige is Spice Yellow.

I'm not completely confident with this so I don't update my website at the moment. If you have any clarification on the subject, it will helps me!

That makes sense. ย When I had some new mirrors sprayed they had to buy a special sparkly coating to put over the base yellow coat, rather than being a metallic it was a plain coat with a sparkly gloss coat.

My paint code is B36.

As said on SELOC, B36 is Norfolk Mustard Metallic / Spice Yellow. They changed its name but colour the same.

It's Norfolk Mustard yellow base coat with a metallic/pearlescent clear top coat.ย 

I need to get mine resprayed to make it perfect again.

Archived