28th - 30th June 2024

340r dashboard paint

rusty3

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/04/2020 at 13:44, rusty3 said:

Does anyone know what paint was used on 340r dashboard

I wouldn't replicate the original as it was crap and came off easily, probably why you're trying to get it sorted. Mine has been re-done but by previous owner so I can't tell you what they specifically used but it is very hard wearing and not far off the original colours.

This is from DrH who sorted his own car and as you will see very helpful:

Metalic grey Senosol (12-3412-440.949).

Dark blue senosoft (05-4205-440.948/05-4205P1452B) 

These would only be the basecoats if the numbers are correct. They then supplied me with the contact details of the original supplier - Weilburger Schramm Coatings in Warrington. They were very helpful and confirmed the number for the grey was correct but were not sure about the blue.

In the end I used a sample of the grey they sent to me as a 'swatch' and it was matched by Brook Paints. Getting the blue was pretty much impossible and apparently you can't touch it up really anyway.

I ended up having the whole interior (dark blue) stipped and painted in matt 2-pack black. Very hard wearing and looks great but costs a fortune blink.gif

The next problem came in getting the side trims off to paint them........very difficult.

8 hours ago, rusty3 said:

Hi ,my number is 139

It use to be owned by hull city fc chairman.

I purchased it from Ken at hedge end lotus a few years ago.

Ah interesting, keep your eye on the forums as they’re trying to get a 340R meet together, possibly at the factory later in the year. Obviously dependent on how the current situation works out. 

Archived