litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Oil temperature guage in s2 elise

DeanB

Hi folks

I am thinking of fitting an oil temperature guage on my s2 now it has a modified engine - I want to be sure it doesn't get too hot on track days.  My question is, what is the best solution for mounting it in the cabin?

I don't have a radio, and the hole in the dash is covered by a cheap plastic blanking plate but it isn't sturdy or secure enough to mount a guage.

Thsnks in advance for any help 👍

Dean

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just get a piece of ally to fit in place of the plastic blank then put the gauge in that, not that easy to see though.

The gauge pods that sit near the interior light are better.

From what I remember on the plastic cover there is a metal locating tag on the back that you slide one way then back to hold it in place. Might not be strong enough to stay in place with gauges.

You could make the plate a bit bigger then use riv nuts, can get rubber ones that are used for motorbike fairings.

As far as I'm aware matey, but mine isn't one of the original 33 Sport 190s - it went back to the factory in 2009 for the upgrade. Maybe Martin Roberts or Russ Davey can advise as theirs are original Sport 190s - are you out there chaps?

Cheers, Andrew 

No oil temp or oil pressure guages on an S2 Sport 190 AFAIK. However they were all different. So if you paid im sure Lotus Motorsport would fit them? That looks like an Elise shop or Eliseparts addition to me. I have fitted mine on an ally plate with carbon viynl on top and put it in the radio hole. I did drill some holes for some fixings though.

I fitted the Elise-shop combination of this gauge;

https://www.elise-shop.com/high-precision-60mm-oil-pressure-temp-water-temp-gauge-p-502176.html?zenid=f471033cf7f7e42ea707affa0265dae5

and this bezel / adapter ring to fit it into an air vent;

https://www.elise-shop.com/adapter-ring-for-60mm-gauge-in-air-vent-opening-elise-s2-exige-s2-p-502188.html?zenid=f471033cf7f7e42ea707affa0265dae5

I now have oil pressure, oil temperature, gearbox oil temperature and battery voltage all on one gauge.

Archived