litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Coding new Cobra remote.

Italian Job

Car is a 2006 111R with factory fit Cobra alarm, only had one remote so trying to code a second.

Can someone just read through this please to see if I'm missing something as I can't get this to work despite following the instructions.

1. Unlock car with original remote and put key in ignition, turn ignition on so alarm stays disarmed while I press and hold both buttons on the new remote and the original until the tell tale stops flashing then goes out.

2.Turn ignition off and on three times, after the last off wait for the red light in the cluster to go solid then extinguish.

3. Turn ignition on, wait for the correct number of flashes to correspond to the first number in my pin code, when it does, ignition off and on again for the second digit.

This is where I fail as I don't get any further flashes of the red light so can't complete the input of the third and fourth digit of the pin code.

Anyone any ideas what I'm doing wrong please?

Cheers Paul.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These were the detailed instructions I received for pairing my fob.

Looks like you have followed them so far but you might spot something in here you have not done?

REMOTE KEY FOB - PROGRAMMING - USE WHEN ADDING A NEW REMOTE INTO THE SYSTEM
IGNITION MUST BE ON AND THE ALARM OFF
STEP 1 – PREPARING ALL REMOTE KEY FOBS - ALL FOBS MUST BE DONE SIMULTANEOUSLY
Press and hold both buttons on remote until the LED stops flashing (about 10 seconds).
Do this for all remotes to be programmed 
The LED on the remote should stay on until after programming. 
If the LED on the remote extinguishes by the time you want to program, the key has gone into battery
saving mode, press large button once to bring the LED back on then proceed with programming.

STEP 2 – ENTER PIN 
1) Turn ignition ON and OFF 3 times within 5 seconds.
2) Security LED will blink once indicating that the security code can now be entered.
3) Enter security code as follows:
.... a) Turn ignition ON & count number of blinks representing 1st digit of code then turn ignition OFF.
.... b) Repeat for 2nd digit.
.... c) Repeat for 3rd digit.
.... d) Repeat for 4th digit.
4) Turn ignition ON and LED will come on permanently if correct code has been entered

STEP 3 – COMPLETE THE REMOTE KEY FOB PROCEDURE 
1) Press and hold the large button on one of the remotes until the security LED light in the tachometer goes out then comes back on.
2) Do this for each remaining remote
3) Turn off the ignition and check each remote for the correct operation.

DISARMING ALARM/IMMOBILIZER USING PIN
1) Turn ignition ON and OFF 3 times within 5 seconds.
2) Tachometer security LED will blink once indicating that the security code can now be entered.
3) Enter security code as follows:
....a) Turn ignition ON & count number of blinks representing 1st digit of code then turn ignition OFF.
....b) Repeat for 2nd digit.
....c) Repeat for 3rd digit.
....d) Repeat for 4th digit.
Alarm/immobilizer will disarm if the correct PIN has been entered

TURNING ON/OFF THE ARM/DISARM BEEPS
Make sure the alarm is unarmed.
1) Remove power by pulling fuse F11 or disconnecting the battery.
2) Reconnect power & press remote button “A” within 5 seconds of connecting power.

TURNING OFF THE INTERIOR MICROWAVE FOR ONE ARMED PERIOD
This is a temporary bypass that if needed, has to be repeated at each arm cycle.
1) Arm the system in the usual manner
2) Within 20 seconds press the small "B" button twice (each time there will be a confirmation beep)

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies, only just seen the reply above, waiting for the pin code from Lotus, once I get this and it works I'll update with the very embarrassing reason I wasn't having any success . 

Thanks for taking the time to reply .

Paul.

You're welcome!  Glad it helped.

If your car came with a bunch of paperwork then go through it and see if there is a cobra alarms card  amongst it.  That may have the PIN written on it, or the previous owner may have written it in your handbook.

Jamie

On 07/05/2020 at 10:16, Italian Job said:

Apologies, only just seen the reply above, waiting for the pin code from Lotus, once I get this and it works I'll update with the very embarrassing reason I wasn't having any success . 

Thanks for taking the time to reply .

Paul.

How do you get a pin code? I didn't have one with my car

Approach a Lotus dealer with your vehicle and alarm details and they will be able to source the code for you. 

They needed to see a copy of my V5 before they would release it.

Jamie

The ever helpful Paul from PJS is sourcing the code I need from Lotus, like you say, he just needed to see a copy of my V5 to get the process started. 

So, hopefully this will give someone a laugh...The paperwork that came with my car was including  a Cobra installation certificate complete with the numbers 8186 on it...got to be the pin code right?  Many,many,many attempts later to try to re program a new remote using the code and the penny finally drops...    8186 is the feckin alarm type....what a doomer...

Archived