litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 oem gear lever

MrWill

Hello

Anyone got an OEM S2 K series gear lever they are willing to sell to a good home? 

Mine came with short shift and it's just not working as it should and I've run out of adjustment (or mechanical talent). I'd like to try a switch back to oem to see if that works.

I'd be grateful for anyone who can help me out. 

Cheers 

MrWill 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will have a rummage in the garage tomorrow, sure I have my old s2 Elise one somewhere. I swopped it for a short shift and tbh it was a great improvement, what’s not working on yours ? . Sure mine came from billy 5### or similar on here or seloc. Not sure if he still does them. Might be worth a search and message if your having problems ??

richbk

Thank you! V. Much appreciated Rich

I've got an elise parts item. Agreed; when it works it feels great.  from lever to the cables and the linkage/pivots it's its all been renewed. I've run out of adjustment and still have a reluctant 1st and 2nd gear. Drove last year but after afew hairly moments trying to get 2nd for a tight bend I've resolved to fix it. I suspect a move to oem will give me a bit more tolerance in the adjustment and all will be fine. Trying this and it not making a difference will also help me determine if it's actually the 1st-2nd synchro ring in the gearbox. 

Thanks again

Will 

53 minutes ago, Broadside said:

It may also be worth changing the oil (if not already done) It can sometimes give some improvement in synchro operation

Evening 

Yep sage advice by all accounts.

I did change with some oem rover mtf94 at the start of last year but it made no difference to the change 🙄

Reluctant to take the box out before trying a normal stick. 

Cheers 

Will 

Archived