litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New member / Autosport

Nevs-S

Hi folks

I thought I should join up and join in. Having purchased a nice S2 Exige S a few months ago, I would be interested in any local meets, drives out and general get togethers with the like minded.

Planning on attending the Lotus in the Peak, also going to Le Mans 24h so any advice on routes, camping, hotels greatly received. I have only been on a coach trip before so driving there will be a new experience and what better way than listening to that supercharger whine for mile after mile after Mmmmm Train ?

This weekend Sunday, I shall be going to Autosport show if any one else is going in their Lotus from the Derby area I may see you there or on route. I will be in my Exige grinning from ear to ear !

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to MLOC, great choice of car but let's see some photos please. 😁

Things get a bit quiet this time of year but nonetheless there is often an early morning run out on a Sunday so keep an eye out for those.

21 minutes ago, Phil S1 said:

Welcome to MLOC, great choice of car but let's see some photos please. 😁

Things get a bit quiet this time of year but nonetheless there is often an early morning run out on a Sunday so keep an eye out for those.

My Laser Blue Beauty, never looked at any other colour bar black and greys until I happened across this and fell in love instantly.

20190905_174202.jpg

12 minutes ago, The Cakes said:

Welcome and nice choice 👍🏻 Always liked laser blue. Looks like a nice spec. Forged alloys and MY10 rear spoiler. Motorsport seats?

Alas im no expert with the knowledge, but it has the sports and touring pack fitted

Also looking to add harnesses but those Schroth one's are expensive considering there for looks more than FIA requirments. I hope there will be some offers at Autosport for Harnesses and maybe a Helmet for the odd track day .

L8.jpg

Yep, motorsport seats 👌🏻 Keep your eye  out for used Schroth harnesses, you obviously don’t need them to be in date and really you only need the drivers side. Think there was some in classifieds recently. 

Welcome looks a stunning S2 be great to have you on the Sunday morning runs, a photo of a typical turn out, look out for Ray and Dunc posting the next run sure it will not be long for the next adventure out 👍

6758BABB-B8CA-4DA4-A4A3-4C7BE479DBFC.jpeg

Willans make a Lotus-specific harness, might be worth checking it out?

I was at Autosport on Friday. Have to say I wasn't too impressed overall with the show - empty stands, lots of blingy watches and an excess of pimped Lamborghinis.

There were various harness manufacturers there so hopefully you found something?

Archived