litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Winter tyres for your Lotus?

Charlied85

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, the difference is you can feel the rubber is still supple and keying into the tarmac when it's cold, where summer rubber would feel hard and wooden in comparison (i run AD08R).

We did a spirited run through the peak district last week on a frosty morning, and it felt great.

And i cleaned it after too.

I don’t drive my Lotus in winter but I’ve just put some Nankang SV55 on our X5 and so far they’ve been brilliant. Suppose the big test will come when it snows. Most people in this country don’t understand the benefits of winter tyres, they really are worth the hassle of switching and could save your life. I spent quite a bit of time in Germany and they are compulsory over there between I think October - March. Don’t get me wrong their winters are far harder than ours but Germans aren’t wrong very often!

I run those on my daily driver, never had winter tyres on my Lotus when it was my daily. AO48 tyres in the snow are erm... fun, even with no throttle and just lifting the clutch it was sliding on the camber of the road at pull away, took me from 16:30 until 23:00 to get from one side of Brum to the other!

Archived