litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Suspension refresh advice

DeanB

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff Dean, I was very lucky with the yellow S1 that all this had been done just before I bought it. Β Didn’t stop me ripping it all apart though - rack came out on Sunday as well !

D91C82C1-846C-41F9-B251-C7BF974633C1.jpeg

My rack is coming out, to be replaced with a quick rack  😁

I need some bushes for the new roll bar.Β  It's 7/8 diameter, Eliseparts do themΒ but they'reΒ about forty quid!!Β  Does anyone know where I can get them cheaper?

Thanks

D

1 hour ago, DeanB said:

My rack is coming out, to be replaced with a quick rack  😁

I need some bushes for the new roll bar.Β  It's 7/8 diameter, Eliseparts do themΒ but they'reΒ about forty quid!!Β  Does anyone know where I can get them cheaper?

Thanks

D

I’d love a quick rack but I’m doing my best to keep my costs down - and failing occasionally...

Maybe ask on SELOC about the ARB bushes too? Β 

• 3 weeks later...

So I ought to mention on here I got the car back just before 'lockdown'.Β  Unfortunately I can't take it for a proper drive now, only to the supermarket and back which involves onlyΒ  four roundabouts and no proper corners so I shall probably sorn it for a bit.Β  A huge shame but necessary, of course.

Early impressions are good though - the ride and nvh levels are much improved even with stiffer springs, the car is nice to drive again which is a big relief!Β  The quick rack is great - super positive but not too much so that it feels nervous or anything.

Very pleased.

Good to hear you got your car back before the lockdown Dean, just a shame you can't get to test it out fully for a while just yet, let's hope we don't have to wait too long. For now you'll just have to jack it up, take the wheels off, pull up a chair, pour a glass of wine and admire all those shiny new parts 😁

Archived