Jump to content
DeanB

Suspension refresh advice

Recommended Posts

That’s good advice, I have recoated the steel bobbins on my yellow S1, and also gone a step further and added some Duralac (new green version!) on the surrounding alloy, as a preventative barrier against the corrosion, after a full scrub and degrease first.  Peace of mind.

F69FAB02-A038-4407-9E40-30B4CEC32435.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good that.  Will last forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Dean - I’ve always been a belt and braces kind of bloke!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I said I wouldn't but I have taken the plunge and ordered a set of Nitron NTRs - the fast road kit.  They should arrive tomorrow  😁

I bought them from Matthew Bentley Racing in Luton.  Sean there is a top chap, really helpful.  He's also sold me an uprated arb - it's adjustable as well as thicker than oem, although not as thick as a race bar.  I was tipped-off by one of the Elise Trophy front runners that an uprated arb makes a massive difference on track, so I thought I would give it a try. 

As you might imagine, I'm quite excited!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crikey! splashing some cash Dean ;)

What spring rates are you going to run?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jody!  How are you, long time no see mate!

I have gone with Nitron's fast road recommendation so 400 front 475 rear. The new bar will put a bit more roll stiffness in too.  We'll see how it works, but I'm looking forward to driving it, especially as Gav is re-packing the silencer so I'm not deafened by the thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard of Rustbusters EM121 Epoxy chassis paint? I have used it on my MX5 and was really impressed, being an epoxy paint it drys really tough and bonds to rusty steel, It doesn't  chip or peel off plus it can be used to fill the rust pitting damage so you can in theory get back to a smooth finish, I wish I had discovered it before I did my rear suspension! only down sides is that it is really messy and if you spray it on you would have to be really sure to clean out your equipment thoroughly afterwards! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2020 at 19:12, DeanB said:

Jody!  How are you, long time no see mate!

I have gone with Nitron's fast road recommendation so 400 front 475 rear. The new bar will put a bit more roll stiffness in too.  We'll see how it works, but I'm looking forward to driving it, especially as Gav is re-packing the silencer so I'm not deafened by the thing!

Hey Dean all good this end buddy, works been manic and with the lads Rugby Sunday mornings its hard to get out! I am definitely doing some track days this year though! new rear rotors and pads all fitted, shes been on axle stands since last Oct and SORNED.... its been horrible.

Think my springs are 450F 500R and I have tightened up the anti roll bar.

Ive also been playing with Geo and found a sweet spot for me ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robin have never heard of Rustbusters, but it's too late for me anyhow!

Jody i know what you mean, I didn't do any track days last year either but I shall definitely do a couple this year, even though I have forgotten how to drive!  Will be good to see you back 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2020 at 22:37, DeanB said:

I know I said I wouldn't but I have taken the plunge and ordered a set of Nitron NTRs - the fast road kit.  They should arrive tomorrow  😁

I bought them from Matthew Bentley Racing in Luton.  Sean there is a top chap, really helpful.  He's also sold me an uprated arb - it's adjustable as well as thicker than oem, although not as thick as a race bar.  I was tipped-off by one of the Elise Trophy front runners that an uprated arb makes a massive difference on track, so I thought I would give it a try. 

As you might imagine, I'm quite excited!

 

I will be interested to hear about these Dean as I am still debating what to do with mine! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had mine  fullyrefreshed at MBR as well there work is spot on and decent pricing as well, Shaun put there ARB on as well, I went for the Nitron NTR club sport with mentor motorsports custom valuing , digressive front pistons and hyperco springs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a serious bit of kit!   Will it go faster?? 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, marky_p72 said:

I will be interested to hear about these Dean as I am still debating what to do with mine! 👍

You're welcome to have a ride in it when it's done if you want mate.

I get the dampers tomorrow. Giddy. 😁

Really can't wait to try it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use