litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Suspension refresh advice

DeanB

That’s good advice, I have recoated the steel bobbins on my yellow S1, and also gone a step further and added some Duralac (new green version!) on the surrounding alloy, as a preventative barrier against the corrosion, after a full scrub and degrease first.  Peace of mind.

F69FAB02-A038-4407-9E40-30B4CEC32435.jpeg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I said I wouldn't but I have taken the plunge and ordered a set of Nitron NTRs - the fast road kit.  They should arrive tomorrow  😁

I bought them from Matthew Bentley Racing in Luton.  Sean there is a top chap, really helpful.  He's also sold me an uprated arb - it's adjustable as well as thicker than oem, although not as thick as a race bar.  I was tipped-off by one of the Elise Trophy front runners that an uprated arb makes a massive difference on track, so I thought I would give it a try. 

As you might imagine, I'm quite excited!

Jody!  How are you, long time no see mate!

I have gone with Nitron's fast road recommendation so 400 front 475 rear. The new bar will put a bit more roll stiffness in too.  We'll see how it works, but I'm looking forward to driving it, especially as Gav is re-packing the silencer so I'm not deafened by the thing!

Has anyone heard of Rustbusters EM121 Epoxy chassis paint? I have used it on my MX5 and was really impressed, being an epoxy paint it drys really tough and bonds to rusty steel, It doesn't  chip or peel off plus it can be used to fill the rust pitting damage so you can in theory get back to a smooth finish, I wish I had discovered it before I did my rear suspension! only down sides is that it is really messy and if you spray it on you would have to be really sure to clean out your equipment thoroughly afterwards! 

On 03/03/2020 at 19:12, DeanB said:

Jody!  How are you, long time no see mate!

I have gone with Nitron's fast road recommendation so 400 front 475 rear. The new bar will put a bit more roll stiffness in too.  We'll see how it works, but I'm looking forward to driving it, especially as Gav is re-packing the silencer so I'm not deafened by the thing!

Hey Dean all good this end buddy, works been manic and with the lads Rugby Sunday mornings its hard to get out! I am definitely doing some track days this year though! new rear rotors and pads all fitted, shes been on axle stands since last Oct and SORNED.... its been horrible.

Think my springs are 450F 500R and I have tightened up the anti roll bar.

Ive also been playing with Geo and found a sweet spot for me ;)

Robin have never heard of Rustbusters, but it's too late for me anyhow!

Jody i know what you mean, I didn't do any track days last year either but I shall definitely do a couple this year, even though I have forgotten how to drive!  Will be good to see you back 👍

On 02/03/2020 at 22:37, DeanB said:

I know I said I wouldn't but I have taken the plunge and ordered a set of Nitron NTRs - the fast road kit.  They should arrive tomorrow  😁

I bought them from Matthew Bentley Racing in Luton.  Sean there is a top chap, really helpful.  He's also sold me an uprated arb - it's adjustable as well as thicker than oem, although not as thick as a race bar.  I was tipped-off by one of the Elise Trophy front runners that an uprated arb makes a massive difference on track, so I thought I would give it a try. 

As you might imagine, I'm quite excited!

I will be interested to hear about these Dean as I am still debating what to do with mine! 👍

Just had mine  fullyrefreshed at MBR as well there work is spot on and decent pricing as well, Shaun put there ARB on as well, I went for the Nitron NTR club sport with mentor motorsports custom valuing , digressive front pistons and hyperco springs 

9 hours ago, marky_p72 said:

I will be interested to hear about these Dean as I am still debating what to do with mine! 👍

You're welcome to have a ride in it when it's done if you want mate.

I get the dampers tomorrow. Giddy. 😁

Really can't wait to try it.  

Archived