litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise S2 door waist seals

Richard ward

On 10/11/2019 at 22:35, MattyB said:

It's been asked and discussed a few times, on here and on SELOC.

The problem is that whoever decides to manufacture these is going to want a *big* order to cover tooling, design etc - there is a thread on here discussing this exact topic, and the company wanted an initial order in the "five figure" range according to the person who was looking at organising. No members on here are going to stump up, and companies like Eliseparts are just happy to resell the expensive Lotus items.

Discussed here, if interested:

This is me! It has been a right ballache!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/01/2020 at 07:47, Richard ward said:

Hi all

latest update on S2 door seals, I have now received a quote.

As you can imagine, tooling costs and minimum order come at a considerable cost.

However, I would be able to supply the seals as a pair for £150 including postage and packaging (parcel force express 48, should anyone require, signed for or special delivery, then an additional cost).

Postage accounts for approx £15 of the cost, so for anybody close enough to me willing to collect £135 a pair. 

So, effectively each seal comes in at £67.50 which I think is pretty competitive.

I am keen to go ahead with this if I have enough interest from you guys, delivery time from the point of me placing an order is 14-16 weeks, a fairly long time but the company has to do a considerable amount of tooling work.

So, what do you all think?

Hi Richard,

Have you got samples yet? I'm happy to share my experience with you. Email me if you like - simonfoxy at hotmail d0t com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, hope everyone is well, I know the industry is slow at the moment but just wondering if there had been any developments at all.

Thanks 

1 minute ago, ollie said:

Hello, hope everyone is well, I know the industry is slow at the moment but just wondering if there had been any developments at all.

Thanks 

As it happens we are expecting another set of samples next week. On past experience we're not getting too excited so we prefer to wait until we have something concrete to announce rather than making false promises. Thanks for your patience!! 

5 minutes ago, Foxy said:

As it happens we are expecting another set of samples next week. On past experience we're not getting too excited so we prefer to wait until we have something concrete to announce rather than making false promises. Thanks for your patience!! 

That's promising news then. Fingers crossed won't be to much further away now. I know alot of people are very eager to get some 

Thanks

Just now, ollie said:

That's promising news then. Fingers crossed won't be to much further away now. I know a lot of people are very eager to get some 

Thanks

Tell me about it! We've already invested a not insignificant sum in the project and I would be good to see some results...finally!

On 08/06/2020 at 18:14, Foxy said:

Tell me about it! We've already invested a not insignificant sum in the project and I would be good to see some results...finally!

Yes I bet, hopefully shouldn't be to much longer now then. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Still battling with the factory to get the samples right - I now know why no one else has done it!

You'll be the first to know when it's sorted.

• 1 month later...

Archived