litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dear Wife. Gone to garage. Back in Spring

MrWill

Nothing major needs doing on my Evora but having recently retired I have suddenly found myself with plenty of garage time....time to bring out the polisher for a bit of paint improvement. 😁 It was in a pretty good state anyway but there are always areas for further improvement. Got the front clam and roof done so far, plenty more to go at yet...

IMG_20200112_150851388.jpg

IMG_20200112_113004330.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Drage, I'm no expert but I've been using Menzerna medium cut and super finish polishes with hexlogic pads on a das6 pro da polisher and am suitably pleased with the results. I have been able to remove a good number of surface scuffs and scratches.

Of late I've been getting all my stuff from Shop n Shine in Derby and have got a new wax from them to try this time called Fusso coat so I'll have to see how I get on with that in due course. 🙂

1 hour ago, Phil S1 said:

Thanks Drage, I'm no expert but I've been using Menzerna medium cut and super finish polishes with hexlogic pads on a das6 pro da polisher and am suitably pleased with the results. I have been able to remove a good number of surface scuffs and scratches.

Of late I've been getting all my stuff from Shop n Shine in Derby and have got a new wax from them to try this time called Fusso coat so I'll have to see how I get on with that in due course. 🙂

Similar to what I’ve been using but I’ve used Poorboys products with good results. Also Meguiars Ultra finishing polish is a really good product I’ve found. I’ll have a look at that wax because I’ve been looking for something different recently. 

I've used Soft 99 Fusso wax on my Aston, it's impressive stuff. Apparently they have changed the formula recently and it now not as durable but smells less of solvents. The stuff I have has a very strong smell. Supposedly last for up to 12 months.

Looking at prices seems to have gone up by 50% too. Mind you it got such rave reviews I guess demand is high. I think I paid about £17 last year.

This is the stuff I have https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/soft99-fusso-coat-wax

This is the new stuff https://www.shopnshine.co.uk/products/soft99-new-fusso-coat-light?_pos=7&_sid=f25009155&_ss=r

They do a dark and light version.

1 hour ago, Phil S1 said:

That's good to hear Leigh, although my Evora is black/grey I opted for the light version in the end since we have 2 other white cars that I'll be using it on at some point :)

I don't think it really makes that much difference if it's dark or light, they certainly have no colour/tint in them. When I used it on the Aston I threw a microfibre polishing cloth on the bonnet when I'd finished. It immediately slid off onto the floor, it was incredibly slick!

19 minutes ago, Dr H said:

I don't think it really makes that much difference if it's dark or light, they certainly have no colour/tint in them. When I used it on the Aston I threw a microfibre polishing cloth on the bonnet when I'd finished. It immediately slid off onto the floor, it was incredibly slick!

Thanks Leigh, I’ll buy some of the older one tonight. 👍🏻👍🏻

Drage, there was a comparison of the 2 on you tube. Very long video but basically says they are the same apart from durability and I don't think there was that much in it anyway.

1 hour ago, Dr H said:

Drage, there was a comparison of the 2 on you tube. Very long video but basically says they are the same apart from durability and I don't think there was that much in it anyway.

Thanks again, I’ll have look 👀 

On 12/01/2020 at 18:19, Phil S1 said:

Nothing major needs doing on my Evora but having recently retired I have suddenly found myself with plenty of garage time....time to bring out the polisher for a bit of paint improvement. 😁 It was in a pretty good state anyway but there are always areas for further improvement. Got the front clam and roof done so far, plenty more to go at yet...

IMG_20200112_150851388.jpg

IMG_20200112_113004330.jpg

Nice work :tup:

Well that's me about done in the garage on the Evora, it's all polished and now has red mirrors to boot, as per my other post.

Just finished off by taking the wheels off and having a bit of a clean and polish/wax around there too B)

IMG_20200123_152229583.thumb.jpg.3eefd4b65447efdccea49574cef95f5f.jpg

5 hours ago, Phil S1 said:

Well that's me about done in the garage on the Evora, it's all polished and now has red mirrors to boot, as per my other post.

Just finished off by taking the wheels off and having a bit of a clean and polish/wax around there too B)

IMG_20200123_152229583.thumb.jpg.3eefd4b65447efdccea49574cef95f5f.jpg

You’ve probably got a wheel sealant wax but if you’ve never used any, this is the stuff that makes cleaning wheels so much easier and last about 12 months. Nothing will stick to your wheels.

Chemical Guys Max Coat 👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks for that Drage, I'll keep that one in mind for next time. For now I have been using Poorboys wheel sealant as previously recommended by Daveb99 - he also knows much about all things shiny B)

4 hours ago, Phil S1 said:

Thanks for that Drage, I'll keep that one in mind for next time. For now I have been using Poorboys wheel sealant as previously recommended by Daveb99 - he also knows much about all things shiny B)

Probably just as good. All the Poorboys stuff is great 👍🏻 

Archived