Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mark H

Big in Japan: Evija stuns 2,000 lotus fans on latest leg of world tour

Recommended Posts

  • Lotus Evija is star of the show at Japan Lotus Day
  • World’s most powerful production car dazzles in front of more than 2,000 Lotus owners and fans
  • Annual event – the biggest for Lotus anywhere in the world – celebrated its 10th year with a parade of 600 cars

(Fuji Speedway, Japan – 09 September 2019) – Japan Lotus Day, staged at the iconic Fuji Speedway and the largest annual gathering of Lotus fans anywhere in the world, gave an enthusiastic welcome to the Lotus Evija on the latest leg of its world tour.

The event is a car festival held in the foothills of Mount Fuji, 50 miles outside Tokyo, and is the ultimate appreciation of the Lotus brand. The festival was celebrating its 10th anniversary, with the all-electric Evija – the world’s most powerful production road car – taking centre stage in front of more than 2,000 enthusiastic Lotus owners and fans.

The event culminated in a stunning parade around the Fuji Speedway circuit, featuring approximately 600 Lotus cars from across the company’s successful road and racing history. It included a 1952 Lotus Six and various race cars from the 1960s, through to numerous examples of the Lotus Elise, Exige, 3-Eleven and Evora.

Also attracting attention was a Lotus 78, a championship-winning F1 car which took seven wins and nine pole positions, and through the genius of Lotus founder Colin Chapman kickstarted the pioneering ‘ground effect’ era of aerodynamic development in F1.

The extraordinary number of Lotus cars on display reflects the brand's popularity in Japan, which stems in part from the 1970s when a Lotus Europa starred in a famous serialised adventure and racing ‘manga’ called The Circuit Wolf. The largest annual gathering of Lotus fans and cars anywhere in the world, Japan Lotus Day also features several races series, a concours d’elegance, circuit taxi rides and trade stands.

Shigenori Ogura, F1 commentator, journalist and Japan Lotus Day fan, said: “Japanese car enthusiasts are totally in love with Lotus. The fans who come to Fuji show so much passion for the cars – both old and new – that it really blows you away.”

Prior to the event the Evija was guest of honour at the BH Auction, an exclusive automotive sales event in Tokyo. Attendees were given one-to-one access to the all-electric hypercar in a private viewing area.

Evija at Fuji Japan Lotus Day1.jpg

Evija at Fuji Japan Lotus Day2.jpg


This post has been promoted to an article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Mark H
      Lotus Dubai retailer hosts VIP media and invited guests as all-electric Evija debuts in the United Arab Emirates Programme of events includes Lotus Abu Dhabi showroom presentation and private viewings Latest leg of world tour which has already included Monterey Car Week, USA, and Japan Lotus Day (Dubai, UAE – 19 September 2019) – The all-new Lotus Evija hypercar has made its debut in the Middle East as part of a series of exclusive media and VIP events.
      The covers came off at an unveiling at the stunning Lotus Dubai retail outlet, with Phil Popham, CEO, Lotus Cars and Russell Carr, Director, Lotus Design, presenting the all-electric two-seater to invited guests. They were joined by Karl Hamer, CEO of Adamas Motors, Lotus’ retail partner in the United Arab Emirates, plus other members of senior management from both companies.
      Phil Popham commented: “It’s fantastic to be back in the UAE, and even better to be here as the Evija hypercar makes its regional debut. The Middle East is well-known for its passion for performance models, and this is an important market as we grow the Lotus brand significantly with new products.”
      He added: “We believe the Evija will really appeal to Gulf state customers, and we’re developing the car with them – and particularly the local climate – in mind. Real-world testing of prototype vehicles is now underway to ensure optimum performance in every market.”
      Karl Hamer said: “We are delighted that our customers have the opportunity to view the Evija in the UAE so soon after its global reveal. We are proud to be in one of the most forward-thinking countries in the world, and this all-electric hypercar coming to the UAE supports our nation’s objective to focus on sustainable technologies.”
      Opened exactly a year ago, Lotus Dubai is on the Emirate’s Sheikh Zayed Road. It’s a 5,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facility capable of showcasing up to 10 models from the Lotus performance car range. The Evija is remaining in the region for several days. It will also appear at Lotus Abu Dhabi – in Sheikha Salama Building, Zayed The First Street, Al Khalidiyah – then complete a programme of private viewings.
      A technical tour de force, the Evija is illustrative of the innovative thinking and ingenuity that has always been part of the Lotus DNA. With a target output of 2000 PS, it is the world’s most powerful series production road car. It has been designed and engineered in the UK, and will be produced at Hethel, UK, the home of Lotus since 1966, starting next year. Exclusivity is guaranteed, with production limited to a maximum of 130 cars.


    • By Mark H
      Lotus Dubai retailer hosts VIP media and invited guests as all-electric Evija debuts in the United Arab Emirates Programme of events includes Lotus Abu Dhabi showroom presentation and private viewings Latest leg of world tour which has already included Monterey Car Week, USA, and Japan Lotus Day (Dubai, UAE – 19 September 2019) – The all-new Lotus Evija hypercar has made its debut in the Middle East as part of a series of exclusive media and VIP events.
      The covers came off at an unveiling at the stunning Lotus Dubai retail outlet, with Phil Popham, CEO, Lotus Cars and Russell Carr, Director, Lotus Design, presenting the all-electric two-seater to invited guests. They were joined by Karl Hamer, CEO of Adamas Motors, Lotus’ retail partner in the United Arab Emirates, plus other members of senior management from both companies.
      Phil Popham commented: “It’s fantastic to be back in the UAE, and even better to be here as the Evija hypercar makes its regional debut. The Middle East is well-known for its passion for performance models, and this is an important market as we grow the Lotus brand significantly with new products.”
      He added: “We believe the Evija will really appeal to Gulf state customers, and we’re developing the car with them – and particularly the local climate – in mind. Real-world testing of prototype vehicles is now underway to ensure optimum performance in every market.”
      Karl Hamer said: “We are delighted that our customers have the opportunity to view the Evija in the UAE so soon after its global reveal. We are proud to be in one of the most forward-thinking countries in the world, and this all-electric hypercar coming to the UAE supports our nation’s objective to focus on sustainable technologies.”
      Opened exactly a year ago, Lotus Dubai is on the Emirate’s Sheikh Zayed Road. It’s a 5,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facility capable of showcasing up to 10 models from the Lotus performance car range. The Evija is remaining in the region for several days. It will also appear at Lotus Abu Dhabi – in Sheikha Salama Building, Zayed The First Street, Al Khalidiyah – then complete a programme of private viewings.
      A technical tour de force, the Evija is illustrative of the innovative thinking and ingenuity that has always been part of the Lotus DNA. With a target output of 2000 PS, it is the world’s most powerful series production road car. It has been designed and engineered in the UK, and will be produced at Hethel, UK, the home of Lotus since 1966, starting next year. Exclusivity is guaranteed, with production limited to a maximum of 130 cars.



      This post has been promoted to an article
    • By Mark H
      Lotus Evija is star of the show at Japan Lotus Day World’s most powerful production car dazzles in front of more than 2,000 Lotus owners and fans Annual event – the biggest for Lotus anywhere in the world – celebrated its 10th year with a parade of 600 cars (Fuji Speedway, Japan – 09 September 2019) – Japan Lotus Day, staged at the iconic Fuji Speedway and the largest annual gathering of Lotus fans anywhere in the world, gave an enthusiastic welcome to the Lotus Evija on the latest leg of its world tour.
      The event is a car festival held in the foothills of Mount Fuji, 50 miles outside Tokyo, and is the ultimate appreciation of the Lotus brand. The festival was celebrating its 10th anniversary, with the all-electric Evija – the world’s most powerful production road car – taking centre stage in front of more than 2,000 enthusiastic Lotus owners and fans.
      The event culminated in a stunning parade around the Fuji Speedway circuit, featuring approximately 600 Lotus cars from across the company’s successful road and racing history. It included a 1952 Lotus Six and various race cars from the 1960s, through to numerous examples of the Lotus Elise, Exige, 3-Eleven and Evora.
      Also attracting attention was a Lotus 78, a championship-winning F1 car which took seven wins and nine pole positions, and through the genius of Lotus founder Colin Chapman kickstarted the pioneering ‘ground effect’ era of aerodynamic development in F1.
      The extraordinary number of Lotus cars on display reflects the brand's popularity in Japan, which stems in part from the 1970s when a Lotus Europa starred in a famous serialised adventure and racing ‘manga’ called The Circuit Wolf. The largest annual gathering of Lotus fans and cars anywhere in the world, Japan Lotus Day also features several races series, a concours d’elegance, circuit taxi rides and trade stands.
      Shigenori Ogura, F1 commentator, journalist and Japan Lotus Day fan, said: “Japanese car enthusiasts are totally in love with Lotus. The fans who come to Fuji show so much passion for the cars – both old and new – that it really blows you away.”
      Prior to the event the Evija was guest of honour at the BH Auction, an exclusive automotive sales event in Tokyo. Attendees were given one-to-one access to the all-electric hypercar in a private viewing area.


    • By Mark H
      Lotus Evija, the world’s most powerful production car, made its public debut in Monterey this week as thousands of fans flocked to the electric hypercar’s reveal North America’s excited reception of the first all-electric British hypercar, resulted in strong double-figure orders being taken, and most of the initial production for the US market now allocated to customers (Monterey, California – 19 August 2019) – The all-new Lotus Evija hypercar has made its public debut at the world-renowned Monterey Car Week, which drew to a close at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance on Sunday.
      Evija received plaudits from across the automotive world at Car Week, from the likes of high profile collector Jay Leno, social media star Supercar Blondie and the Petersen Automotive Museum Checkered Flag 200, gaining many new fans, friends and customers along the way.
      Gordon McCall, Director of Motorsports for The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering, said: “Seeing the Lotus Evija debut at The Quail was fantastic – the brand has an amazing history and it is exciting to see its future unfold with the first of its new sports cars.”
      Lotus Cars’ CEO, Phil Popham, added: “This is exactly the start we hoped for. Evija is an outstanding and exceptional car – designed and engineered to put Lotus back on the map as the innovator and technical leader that it is. Many orders are now taken, giving us great confidence to hit our planned volume as we enter production next year.”
      A technical tour de force, the Evija is illustrative of the innovative thinking and ingenuity that has always been part of the Lotus DNA. With a target output of 2000 PS, it is the world’s most powerful series production road car. It has been designed and engineered in the UK, and will be produced at Hethel, UK, the home of Lotus since 1966. Exclusivity is guaranteed, with production limited to a maximum of 130 cars.


    • By Mark H
      Lotus Evija, the world’s most powerful production car, made its public debut in Monterey this week as thousands of fans flocked to the electric hypercar’s reveal North America’s excited reception of the first all-electric British hypercar, resulted in strong double-figure orders being taken, and most of the initial production for the US market now allocated to customers (Monterey, California – 19 August 2019) – The all-new Lotus Evija hypercar has made its public debut at the world-renowned Monterey Car Week, which drew to a close at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance on Sunday.
      Evija received plaudits from across the automotive world at Car Week, from the likes of high profile collector Jay Leno, social media star Supercar Blondie and the Petersen Automotive Museum Checkered Flag 200, gaining many new fans, friends and customers along the way.
      Gordon McCall, Director of Motorsports for The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering, said: “Seeing the Lotus Evija debut at The Quail was fantastic – the brand has an amazing history and it is exciting to see its future unfold with the first of its new sports cars.”
      Lotus Cars’ CEO, Phil Popham, added: “This is exactly the start we hoped for. Evija is an outstanding and exceptional car – designed and engineered to put Lotus back on the map as the innovator and technical leader that it is. Many orders are now taken, giving us great confidence to hit our planned volume as we enter production next year.”
      A technical tour de force, the Evija is illustrative of the innovative thinking and ingenuity that has always been part of the Lotus DNA. With a target output of 2000 PS, it is the world’s most powerful series production road car. It has been designed and engineered in the UK, and will be produced at Hethel, UK, the home of Lotus since 1966. Exclusivity is guaranteed, with production limited to a maximum of 130 cars.



      This post has been promoted to an article
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use