litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Need guidance

Neilshannon27

Evening all, 

Need to run some wires from the boot into the car for rear view camera and power leads for foot well sub. 

I'm sure a few on here have already completed this and was wondering if anyone can offer best route to go down or if you could point me in the direction of a guide please? 

Thanks all! 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have done this with a DAB antenna cable. I lifted the car and removed the rear under tray. You can then access the car into the centre console. Takes a bit of time but is ok to do. I used a workshop ramp to lift the car. Hope this helps. Nick

27 minutes ago, nickashton said:

I have done this with a DAB antenna cable. I lifted the car and removed the rear under tray. You can then access the car into the centre console. Takes a bit of time but is ok to do. I used a workshop ramp to lift the car. Hope this helps. Nick

wow was hoping there would be an easier way of doing it but thanks for the guidance. haven't got access to a workshop ramp so will have to figure out the best way to do it! I'm sure I've read somewhere you can run the wires by removing the rear wheel arch cover but can't find it again now  

S1 or S2?

In the footwell, might be best to just run direct to the fusebox/battery.  Or skip the fusebox and fuse it inline.  I'm guessing you need to much current to piggy-back on an existing feed.

Access from the rear to the front is usually through the centre tunnel, but you do have a fat unfused 12V supply at the starter solenoid.  Or did you want something from the ignition?  Earthing in the rear can be done to the engine block, gearbox, or direct to the chassis.  Good opportunity to clean up the earth strap.

2 hours ago, Lithopsian said:

S1 or S2?

In the footwell, might be best to just run direct to the fusebox/battery.  Or skip the fusebox and fuse it inline.  I'm guessing you need to much current to piggy-back on an existing feed.

Access from the rear to the front is usually through the centre tunnel, but you do have a fat unfused 12V supply at the starter solenoid.  Or did you want something from the ignition?  Earthing in the rear can be done to the engine block, gearbox, or direct to the chassis.  Good opportunity to clean up the earth strap.

Thanks mate, it's an S2 2004 rover engine 

Archived