litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Speed bumps

Neilshannon27

Just wondering... 

How do you find the elise with speed bumps, I have gone over a couple very slowly and its been fine but they do look scary when you're that low to the ground! 

Just wondering what the ground clearance is like with standard suspension compared to a standard car. 

Has anyone hit any speed bumps where you hear the horrible scrape. 

There are some horrible speed bumps where I work and on a nice day I might just decide to take Ellie but gonna have to park her before I hit the bumps as I think she will scrape 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't find them in a problem in an S1 at standard ride height.  Speed bumps (on public roads) should be a maximum of 100mm hight, which should be enough for almost any car, but it doesn't take much dip in the carriageway or bounce in the suspension to add another couple of cm to that.  Coming down off the table types could also be an issue if you have a lower diffuser or are just too enthusiastic.

3 hours ago, Neilshannon27 said:

Just wondering... 

How do you find the elise with speed bumps, I have gone over a couple very slowly and its been fine but they do look scary when you're that low to the ground! 

Just wondering what the ground clearance is like with standard suspension compared to a standard car. 

Has anyone hit any speed bumps where you hear the horrible scrape. 

There are some horrible speed bumps where I work and on a nice day I might just decide to take Ellie but gonna have to park her before I hit the bumps as I think she will scrape 

Try driving a 2-11 over them! Most are fine but if you’re worried try going over them at an angle 👍🏻

At standard height you'll be fine. Both of my previous lowered Elise's coped OK as well, as long as you straddle or angle it. Regardless, you need to take them slowly, which can result in slow progress along heavily bumped roads....and tailgating SUV's 🙄

Archived