litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S2

OL55

Hi All

After a brief(ish) break from lotus I’m currently looking for an S2 Exige.

Key search criteria include relatively low  miles (ideally under 30k) and preferably a later dash car. 

I don’t know much about the model other than what I’ve seen in ads - is there a more desirable power output?

Any tips or things to look out for then please let me know!

Finally, if anyone knows of a good car that isn’t currently on the market then drop me a message...

Thanks

Oli

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bahahahahaha 

I did allot of homework getting back into my second s2 exige. 

240 I would say is the sweet spot although don't be put off as last time I bought a bone stock 220 and made it how I wanted. 

It comes down to what you want but most people will want

Sport pack -  probax harness hole seats, harness bar, t45 role bar, sport pack bilstein. 

Touring pack - sound insulation, half carpets up the sills, ac and some other bits 

Performance pack, full scoop roof, adjustable anti role bar etc etc

Ideally people want all 3, some want not so much, it's a sellers market though as Jon and Will are sniffing round cars all the time. 

What are you looking for? Track use? Weekend toy?  You may not need harness hole seats although it makes the car more desirable. 

Also bear in mind that cars have bits taken off them all the time prior to sale so make sure if you see photos prior they are included in the sale as most will sell separately to recoup costs. 

Obviously later dash cars are more desirable, I've had both and don't mind either. 

I take it your looking for an s? 

If your thinking 220 240 is a relatively simple upgrade by buying a used 240 ecu and a set of injectors, 260 takes a little more with a different map, fuel pump and trd airbox. Current price is between £1500-1900 depending which lotus dealer you use.. 

Forged wheels are a nice to have, 240r are my favourite and are 7.5" wide. 7 twin spokes are more common place and are 7" wide. Some people have fitted 7 spokes and not realised there the elise versions which are 6.5 so worth checking of the car left the factory with them or there correct. 

I've missed loads so if you need anymore let me know. 

The ac probably won't work so bear that in mind if it dosnt during negotiations, check the gearbox synchros especially on third. Don't be alarmed at any oil in the boost pipes and intercooler its perfectly normal blow by and catch cans sort it. Basic checks to the tub etc like all lotus's and so on.  

For me the red car with the 240r wheels is my favourite up at the moment but is peaky price wise I think £32 for a private sale with the mileage etc is correct. The seller could outlay £600-1000 and get £3k back from selling the parts like I did so there's room to recoup some money if it's currently out of budget.

Hi Kieran 

That’s incredibly helpful - Appreciate the time taken to respond with all the information.

Based on research and your post I’m looking for a minimum of a 240 - ideally later dash with a couple of the packs.

Was it a particular model or year of registration where they changed to the later dash?

Reference the synchro point - are the gearboxes susceptible to this across the S2 range?

It’s for weekend use primarily, with the odd trackday. I want it to feel / look different to the S3 220 I previously owned...

In terms of colours - I’m considering all apart from red. I’ve had a red car previously, but wouldn’t go back to it.

Thanks again Oli

4 hours ago, OL55 said:

Do you have a view on the metallic green car on PH - looks nice, but it’s quite pricey...

The metallic green car is a little peaky but talking to a few dealers when looking they felt that my10 cars could hold that.

Gpfisher on exiges used to own that car. So you could ask him. 

08 was the dash but some may be earlier, all cars run the same c64 toyota box, but it was designed for a mr2 so high torque applications can put stress on the box's. 

11 hours ago, OL55 said:

Do you have a view on the metallic green car on PH - looks nice, but it’s quite pricey...

What you need to buy is my Cup 260! 😂 It will be going up for sale within the next couple of weeks.

Message me if you’re interested. 10 plate but pre MY10 Ardent red 22k miles and bloody lovely. 12 months manufacturers warranty! 

1 hour ago, The Cakes said:

What you need to buy is my Cup 260! 😂 It will be going up for sale within the next couple of weeks.

Message me if you’re interested. 10 plate but pre MY10 Ardent red 22k miles and bloody lovely. 12 months manufacturers warranty! 

Jesus I literally buy a car 2 weeks ago and now it's up for sale 😂

We should have known Rozzer!!! Only car not been down to gavs....

although you know the rules!!!! Drage’s being the possible exception. 😉

****scattys theory on red cars

15 hours ago, jonnyfox said:

Your Cup 260 or Pete's (GPFisher) , choices choices B)

Now there is a quandary :lol:

That green one is lovely, if that’s the one you mean? Surprised that hasn’t gone yet! 

6 hours ago, scatty said:

We should have known Rozzer!!! Only car not been down to gavs....

although you know the rules!!!! Drage’s being the possible exception. 😉

****scattys theory on red cars

This one is the older brother and I’ve not fetched it yet! Think Gavs a bit busy to fit it in 👍🏻 I’ll let you know when it’s going down and you can have a play 😊

Ol you might want to reconsider red - on an s2 exige ardent red looks absolutely fantastic, trust me.

Having said that, isotope is also a great colour on them - i think i saw one of those for sale recently, somewhere on my social media feed?!?

Archived