litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Supercharger Pulley Diameter Reduction

Justin C

I have a stock S2 Exige S (220bhp) and am interested in changing the supercharger pulley for a bit extra power /torque. I have a done a search but can't find any threads about it. Does anyone have any experience /knoweldge to share on this. Elise shop sell 77mm which they say is good for a stock car, but is it realiable? Can it just be swapped over without any other mods or does it require re-tuning engine map etc. Is it worth it?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Justin C said:

I have a stock S2 Exige S (220bhp) and am interested in changing the supercharger pulley for a bit extra power /torque. I have a done a search but can't find any threads about it. Does anyone have any experience /knoweldge to share on this. Elise shop sell 77mm which they say is good for a stock car, but is it realiable? Can it just be swapped over without any other mods or does it require re-tuning engine map etc. Is it worth it?

Grey area.

Some say the ecu will learn the parameter's but some I've read say its not enough. Also remember a smaller pulley spins the charger faster , thus intern heating the air more so cooling becomes key not to get heat soak.

If it was me I'd be buying a cheap 240 ecu and a set of injectors. The easiest and simplest way for cheap power without needing the fuel pump for a 260.

Also worth adding a trd airbox and a bigger intercooler at a later date , made a difference to my bum dyno

16 hours ago, kieranexige said:

Grey area.

Some say the ecu will learn the parameter's but some I've read say its not enough. Also remember a smaller pulley spins the charger faster , thus intern heating the air more so cooling becomes key not to get heat soak.

If it was me I'd be buying a cheap 240 ecu and a set of injectors. The easiest and simplest way for cheap power without needing the fuel pump for a 260.

Also worth adding a trd airbox and a bigger intercooler at a later date , made a difference to my bum dyno

Thanks for that. I thought it sounded too easy to be true. I think I'll stay with stock.

Archived