litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Trailering to Unit 4

Steve J

My inner tripod driveshaft boot has ripped apart. Given I can't drive it to Gavs are there any recommended trailer hire places near Newark that rent by the day?

Either that or I could do with a mechanics help to fix it at home. Sleaford Trailers. Anyone used them.

Thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not much left. Completely blown apart.

If I can hire a trailer for £40 for the day it's a no brainer.

Just need to get the right parts and tripod grease.

56 minutes ago, Steve J said:

There's not much left. Completely blown apart.

If I can hire a trailer for £40 for the day it's a no brainer.

Just need to get the right parts and tripod grease.

Bugger!!!! sorry you got a problem Steve, Gav will sort it if you can get it there safely do you have break down cover? could it be used to get it to Gav's?

I would not try and drive it mine caught fire when the gator blew on the way to the tunnel the other year.

My cousin has a car transporter he might be able to help if you are stuck. I can ask him if you want just let me know.

I’m a member of the RAC and they will send their transporter and move it, it was quite reasonable as a member, obscene if I went to the break down company directly. I used it to get a car from Dony (drive shaft gaiter) and then to send it to be fixed.   There are also companies who rent car transporters, truck and flatbed, to drive yourself. £100/day. 

Never used them but looked useful

Don’t drive it with a split gaiter, it can catch fire (mine did as did a 340r at Dony) and it could wreck the internal. 

http://transporterhire.co.uk/locations/car_transporter_hire_Nottingham.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0JCphu-W4wIV7ZTtCh3jnwPHEAAYAiAAEgLUMvD_BwE

Archived