litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Last chance

MrWill

I'm currently sitting in the last chance saloon and the fat lady has started singing... 

Fitted a new throttle cable last week to the elise. Last job before LitP. It was faulty... (Internal fraying of the outer cable) And I'd cut the original perfectly good cable up to save a few mins getting it out.  (Aargggh!) 

Little did I know there is a national shortage of throttle cables for early k series elise S2.  (Aargggh!) 

A company. Called speedy cables made one up for me but an error meant it was too short ( Aargggh! ) They  made a new one up today but have then missed todays post so I won't get it until Monday.  ( Aargggh! ) 

I've managed to source 'a' throttle cable and it arrives tomorrow by courier but the sender is not sure if it is for the S1 or the s2. ( Aargggh! )

As my luck is well and truly out at the moment I was wondering if anyone has a spare throttle cable, used or new, for k series s2 which I could a) buy and b) is collectable within a couple hours drive of Manchester should the one arriving tomorrow not fit? 

Cheers

Will 

Ps. Yes, I know: If it ain't broke... 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I Did make it dunx cheers :cheers: what a great say. 

But the replacement cable was also sticking. Not too bad on the go but made for some interesting in traffic kangaroo'ing and compulsory fast get-aways from every set of lights or junction.

An overnight engine oil drip and some lithium spray seems to have sorted it out. 

I didn't like the 340r road geo I had done for LitP. Set back to normal now. Feels much  nicer for the road - lighter, delicate and dancing on its toes. 

I'm pondering whether to change the elise parts main engine mount with vibra technics (Road) kit.  It had an annoying nhv peak at 2500 rpm which although I expected an increase it was suffiently spikey for me to wonder if the vibra technics kit might be better option.

Anyone have any feedback with these kits. All feedback much appreciated 

MrWill

DSC_3930.JPG

Archived